𝑺𝒊𝒙.

I 06

I 06. I

𝑯𝒐𝒓𝒏𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑺𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒅𝒔

❝ those amethyst eyes ❞

ARIADNE WAS SLIGHTLY PISSED. Zeus has tried killing them with a lightning bolt. She could still feel the electricity through the air, and it sent a full pain throughout her body.

But the girl was angry. Really angry. Angry at the god for almost killing them. Angry at how the Furies attacked them. Angry at how everything had gone all wrong and it was only the beginning of their quest. She hated to say it, maybe Percy did not have any good luck. Maybe he was a bad luck charm.

The girl's eyes widened once she realized she had stuffed the Walkman and necklace into her jacket, thankfully, they were both there.

Somehow, they managed to survive with no damage. Unlike her. She had multiple burns and lashes from the whip, scratches and bite marks from the Furies as well.

A fireflies was their only source of light, fluttering throughout the woods while they made a steady path to find a way out of the woods. But the terrible smell of the Hudson was flooding their senses, and the urge to run back to New York City was high.

Of course, they couldn't. They would be failures if they did.

Grover, who was shivering from the cold and battle, spoke with a quivering voice. "Threw Kindly Ones. All three at once."

"Come on!" Annabeth commanded them, trying to keep the spirits high. "The further away we get, the better."

She had a point. If they got far enough from the  bus crash, the Furies would have a lot of trouble tracking them down again. But that didn't stop her from frowning due to her blistering feet.

Percy seemed keen on reminding her of what happened, "All our money was back there. Our food and clothes. Everything."

Ariadne grit her teeth, "Well, maybe if you hadn't decided to jump into the fight—"

"What?!" He snapped, surprised by her outburst. "I wasn't just going to let you all die!"

The girl shook her head, feet stomping in the mud. "Whatever, Jackson." She spat out, "We were fine."

"No you weren't."

"Yes, we were. You just jeopardized the whole plan because you wanted to act like the hero."