4: Chemistry Readings

Bexley sat in the callback room. After landing the lead in The Lightning Thief, she's been doing chemistry readings all day.

" Having fun?" Stephen, their director, smiled.

" Tons." Bexley laughed. She really was but, she also really wanted chocolate.

" You ready for our next person?"

" Yup." Bexley jumped up.

" Okay, come on in!" Stephen called. Bexley looked up from her script and let out a short gasp.

" Name?" Stephen paid no mind.

" Josh Burrage." He gave Bexley a little smirk.

" Hey, Bexley, isn't your married name-"

" Burrage." Bexley laughed.

" Well, this should be fun." Stephen chuckled, gesturing for them to begin.

" You ready for this, Seaweed Brain?" Bexley teased.

" You betcha, Wise Girl." He winked.

" You haven't even started!" Janice, the producer, chuckled.

" I like them!" Kristin called.

" They're cute." Chris agreed.

" We're married." Bexley laughed.

" That's why!" Jarell laughed.

" Can you do a rough run of My Grand Plan?" Stephen asked.

Bexley and Josh got into place as the music started up. Bexley began.

" I've always been a smart girl. Always made the grand, always got the gold star. I've always been a smart girl, but smart girl only gets a girl so far. You win at every single game, you want a quest, they tell you tough. If you don't know, youll never know if you'll ever be good enough-"

" Stop! Stop! Stop!" Stephen called. Bexley subconsciously jumped to Josh's side, interlacing their fingers.

" Your chemistry is almost too much for me!" Kristin declared dramatically.

" That was amazing, you got the part." Stephen announced.

" Um....thank you?" Josh turned to his wife, confusion written all over his face.

" They're saying that you love me and they can't handle the cuteness." She translated for him.

" It's true." He shrugged.

oOOo

" What happened?" JoJo asked the second Bexley and Josh walked through the door. JoJo stood at the island while Ben sat across from her, a bowl of cereal in front of him.

" You're looking at the new Percy Jackson and Annabeth Chase of Broadway!" Josh called.

" Seriously?" Ben's spoon dropped from his mouth.

" You guys are gonna kill that." JoJo beamed.

" Why thank you." Bexley made a beeline for the cupboards, probably searching for chocolate.

" I swear if you guys start calling each other Seaweed Brain and Wise Girl around the apartment." Ben called, his mouth full.

" No, Angel and Dork are so cute." JoJo shook her head.

" I don't think that's gonna change, don't worry." Josh chuckled.

" But seriously guys, that's awesome." JoJo stated.