IX

Dragging myself out of bed this morning was like a chore. I didn't have the energy to do so. The fact that Benjamin was cheating on me had only just hit me, and I was so devastated. I really thought he loved me.

My depressing train of thought was brutally shattered by my alarm blaring by the side of me, ringing in my ears like, as some would describe it, a bitch. I slapped it off, sitting upright. My hair felt almost crusty from drowning it in dry shampoo and the excess mascara from the day before was collecting under my eyes, making the bags more prominent and hag-like than they should be.

"Come on Ava," I huffed, kicking my feet off the bed, "let's go give ourself a makeover"

Tonight was the night I was going to go out with my 'soulmate' for the first time. I had to shower, wash my hair, paint my nails, pick out my outfit, pluck my eyebrows, wax my upper lip and shave the entire perimeter of my body. By the end of the morning, I was hoping to be as smooth as a seal out of water.

I had arranged to meet with Jungkook at seven o'clock. That gave me nine hours to get ready and look like a 'bad ass bitch' for my date. However, the mess I woke up like was not going to be easy to transform.

I was feeling extra rough this morning. My teeth were sticking to the insides of my cheeks- and opening my mouth physically hurt. Trying to keep my eyes from closing was a challenge all unto itself. I stood, almost toppling over from a painful head rush.

"Ugh," I groaned, rubbing my eyes.

Today was going to be quite a long day.