Chapter 11: Boys Night Out

"Don't see what I have to be on watch with you."

It's now nighttime and Mason and Finn were on zombie watch while the others were inside at Comedy Night.

"Because you got me in this mess and you owe me," Mason responded. "Come on, Finn. It's just for one night. Plus, I need some help just in case."

"Alright. Since you're cryin', I'll stay. Besides, we're bros. We do things together, we get in trouble together."

"Exactly. And no matter what, we still got each other's backs."

"Agreed."

They do their handshake when Sam and Ray came outside.

"Hey, Scott. We didn't expect to see you guys out here."

"Hey, Sam."

"So, where's the rest of your crew?"

"They're inside. Now, if you don't mind, we're on watch."

"Yeah, and why are you guys out here anyway?" Finn asked.

"We were just about to head up Downtown. The night's still young. We figured we could use a boys night out. You guys wanna join?"

"We would, but we really need t-"

"Actually, we would love to join you."

"Finn..."

"What's wrong, Scott? You were pretty bold winning Wheel of Torture. You can't hang with us for one night?"

"Come on, bro, " Finn begged. "The school is safe, there's no zombies and Lexi doesn't know where you are."

Mason thinks for a moment then said: "Fine. We'll come."

"Yes!"

"Awesome."

"So, where's your ride?"

"Over here."

Mason and Finn followed Sam and Ray to four motorcycles in the parking lot.

"Wow," said Mason. "That is cool."

"Well, don't stand there. Pick which one you want."

Mason picked the blue motorcycle and Finn picked the green one while Sam and Ray went on the red and orange ones. They started their rides and drove out of the parking lot and on the street towards the city. As the kids turned a corner, Sam saw two police officers by a puddle and gets an idea.

"Hey, kids. Watch this."

Sam drove faster up to the puddle and splashed the officers. As Sam laughed, Mason and Finn looked at each other.

"Dude! The hell was that for?" Finn exclaimed.

"You can get in trouble for that!" said Mason.

"What makes you say that?" Sam asked.

Suddenly, the boys heard sirens going off. Finn looked back to see a police car following them.

"That's why, Sam!" Finn yelled.

"Dude, it's the cops!" Ray shouted.

"I know that!"

One of the cops sticks his head out the window of the passenger side and pulls out a megaphone and said: "pull over to the side of the road!"

"Sam, they want us to pull over!" said Ray.

"I heard that!" Sam shouted.

"Then pull over!"

"We can't pull over," said Mason. "Follow me!"

"Aw, I have a feeling this is gonna get messy," Finn groaned.

While the chase continues, Kardierre, Essence, and Bree were in the auditorium talking when Lexi rolled up to them.

"Hey, guys. Have you seen Mason?"

"Haven't seen them, Lexi," said Bree.

"We thought he was outside with Finn," Kardierre explained.

Meanwhile, four police cars were chasing the boys throughout Akron now. Mason spotted a shortcut down the alley.

"Hey, guys! Over here!"

The boys follow Mason down the alley, with two police cars following them and the other two staying behind. In the alley, the boys were dodging dumpsters and trash cans.

"Follow us through this, cops!" Sam taunted.

Suddenly, they heard gunshots going off behind them. They begin to duck their heads to avoid being shot. One of the bullets hit Finn's front tire, forcing him to drive in the back tire.

"Mason! Bro, I need help!" he shouted.

Mason looked back to see Finn struggling to drive and went back to help him. Before the police could arrest him, Mason grabbed Finn and placed him on the back of his motorcycle. When the boys were out of the alley, the police car crashed into Finn's motorcycle. Then, Sam and Ray caught up with them.

"Whew. That was close," said Mason.

"What are you talking about? That was awesome!" Finn said. "We should do it again."