BLM

This has been a very difficult message to write, and I'd appreciate it if you read it fully and thoroughly.

As an author who has an audience of over 100k on one book, and over 50k on this one, I have a big responsibility to address this situation, and I am incredibly blessed to have this much influence thanks to you guys.

As you must be aware, recently, following the death of an innocent black man named George Floyd in Minneapolis, attention has been drawn to the extreme racism towards the black community, not only in America, but globally.

First of all, I'd like to say that if you don't support the black lives matter movement, or any movement that supports equality and every race/religion/nationality, please unfollow me and kindly remove yourselves from my books and my platforms. To be frank, it is a very disgusting view in life and I refuse to be associated with you any more. 

If I see one more post or one more comment along the lines of "AlL LiVeS MaTteR" I am going to snap. Nobody has said that black lives matter more than anyone else. These poor people have been oppressed for years and finally their voices are being heard. Finally they have lost too many lives, and finally they have had enough. This has been long overdue and so they have all right to protest to the extent they already are, in fact, to go beyond that.

Similarly, comments about the riots being unnecessary, and ideas about "not all the police are bad" also make me so mad. I don't know what everyone was expecting, and these people have been pleading and protesting upon deaf ears to the point that they have to arrange major events in order to gain attention to like I said before, a topic that should have been discussed a long time ago. We did that, and we brought that upon ourselves, because we have been so ignorant. WHY HAS IT TAKEN US SO MANY DEATHS AND YET THIS STILL WASN'T HEARD, AND SO PEOPLE HAVE HAD TO RESORT TO BURNING BUILDINGS AND CAUSING DAMAGE JUST TO BE HEARD? Are we that selfish? Are we really that low, that we pick and choose what we like from different races and cultures, and ignore their repeated protests, "I can't breathe", again and again? 

And at this point, the media cannot be trusted, and similarly, the police force as well, because of their unpredictability from kneeling one minute and become extremely violent the next. It is sick, it is disgusting, and it most certainly should not be tolerated by anyone.

The riots were necessary for these people to be heard, and for the world to finally address the ongoing problem of racism that people of merely a different colour have to experience in their day-to-day lives.

Nothing, and I cannot express this enough, NOTHING, separates us from them other than the colour of their skin. And so to treat them unequally is making it seem like humankind is going to self-destruct because we are all one. 

It's one of those circumstances where I feel disgusted to be the same species as some of these people. 

As a person of colour, I have been reflecting on what would happen if I was a few shades lighter, or a few shades darker. Everyone matters, but at this moment, black lives matter most.

I am sharing a lot of information on my instagram account, @thebritishcroissant , and I encourage everyone to partake in this revolution. As a British person, I do feel a little helpless, but the protests are beginning to take place, in fact as I write this, I am currently also streaming the live BLM protest at Hyde Park, in London. There are more nearby this weekend which I would love to attend if possible, but if not, there are many of other ways to express my support and educate myself more about this situation. Police are essentially powerless right now and cannot enforce the fines to British citizens due to being outnumbered on such a big scale.

This is not a trend, and nor can we expect a sudden change overnight; as nice as it sounds, it's simply not possible, and realistically speaking, we can't expect such an instantaneous impact in such small time when these have been recurring issues for YEARS.

Ok this is a slight update from yesterday when I started writing this, all 4 men who are responsible for the murder of George Floyd are rightfully convicted for manslaughter. We can do this! We managed to serve justice for 1 black man, and I hope people don't stop here, but continue to strive towards justice to the vast amount of black men and women who are our sisters and brothers, and who deserve the same justice and equality some of us get handed on a silver plate.

Donald trump has been saying some horrendous disgusting things up on his high horse on the platform of his podium, I think it's a little too soon to forget that this was the same madman hiding in a bunker with all the white house lights off. His tweets and every utterance of words are so ill-intending and dripping with malice, it is disgusting that he is even the American president, and I feel sorry for the genuine people of our sister nation across the Atlantic for having such a poor representation. Just as mistakes were made and we didn't speak up until recently, act similarly and vote him out.

Due to me educating myself a little bit more about what I can do to help, and despite having a few chapters written and ready, I have come to the decision that I do not want to update yet as it may come across as insensitive. So, I am put in a position like many other authors, and I give this decision to my black readers as to whether you'd like me to update soon or wait a bit?

I also understand that a lot of my readers are quite young and may be feeling somewhat helpless in this situation. For those who are in the situation where they want to help but cannot due to personal or financial reasons, a youtuber named Zoe Amira has made a video, and with every view, money is being donated. I will attach this video above the title.

 I want everyone to know that my DMs, my inbox, they're always open and I'm always here to lend a pair of ears.

 You are heard. You have a voice.

The power of love always so strong, so lets love each other and make the world a better place, and by starting with black lives, we can start a series of chain reactions to bring justice to the vast amount of people. This is not a trend. This is a revolution. A movement.

A movement which I would encourage you all to participate in.

Thank you.