06.

1690
"Do you believe in curses?" Klaus asked her.

"I don't know, I am talking to a vampire there is a good chance," she told him.

Klaus smiled sadly, "When I was human, I fell in love with you."

Layla looked at him confused, "What are you talking about?"

"I have fallen in love with you many times before, you in different lives," Klaus told her, "When I was human, and the first you was around, my mother placed a curse on you, more so me, so you would always come back at any time and I would always fall in love with you."

"That does not sound bad," Layla whispered.

"But you would be taken from me, every single time," Klaus murmured.

**************************

A blonde haired girl walked out of a house, calling for her dog, "Rudy. Come on! It's too hot for me come looking for you."

The woman bent down to pick up a toy, when she turned back around, Layla and Klaus stood behind her. Klaus had a protective arm wrapped around Layla's waist. Layla faked a smile, but underneath she was screaming for help. Even though it was a fake smile plastered on her face, Klaus liked that she was smiling, it has been a few weeks since he had seen that genuine smile.

"I'm so sorry," Klaus said in a fake american accent, "I didn't mean to scare you."

"Can I help you?" the girl looked suspiciously at the pair.

"Yeah, our car hmm, my car ran out of gas a couple of miles back," Klaus replied, "Eh I feel like I've been walking forever yours is the first house we have come to, so I was hoping I could use your phone?"

"Don't you have a cell phone?" the girl asked blankly.

"Huh, yeah," Klaus said while pulling out his phone.

"The battery died," Layla spoke up.

"Look I promise we aren't serial killers, we just wanna use your phone," Klaus told the woman.

The woman sighed, "Sure."

"Soo, I can come in?" Klaus asked, trying to push his was inside.

"No, I'll get the phone and I'll bring it out to you," the girl shook her head.

Klaus bit the inside of his cheek, annoyed, he dropped his american accent, "I thought you country folks were supposed to be more trusting."

"I'm from Florida," the girl said, fear rising in her voice.

"Well that explains it," Klaus rushed at the girl, he took her by the throat compelling her, "Now show me a little southern hospitality. Sweet pea."

The girl began to cry out of fear, as Klaus put her back onto the ground. He dragged the woman onto the porch and straight into the front door. Layla followed a distance behind them and followed into the house where another woman was cooking.

"I bet you a hundred dollars that dog ran off to a house with air conditioning," the second woman turned around to see Klaus, Layla, and the other woman, "What's going on?"

"Please don't be alarmed. I was told Ray Sutton lives here," Klaus said.

"He's almost never here," the woman said, "He's on the road mostly."

"But I expect he makes it home, once a month," Klaus said making the woman in the room stiffen up, "Where is he now?" The woman didn't answer him, "If I have to make you tell me, it's going to be infinitely more painful of you," Klaus smiled.