Chapter 7: Envy Uprising

The days that followed were cold. I never understood what went wrong. They became my OTP but it miserably suck. And now the only thing I can do is be there for him. Because now more than ever he blames them for all the evil in this world.

~°°°~

Melody Medina

It was Friday and I was ready for the week to be over. But I had to tell Ash what I thought about that girl. She just seems very suspicious and odd.

"There is something weird about her. I don't know what exactly, but she just acts so strange. I know she moved here from somewhere else, but still. When we first met Kaisa, she acted normal. But her, she does it in a way that is just so-" Suddenly Ash out his hand up.

"Hold up, you are saying Kaisa was normal when we first met her?" He raised his eyebrows, "She was not normal. She was facing something terrible and only is now learning to hopefully move on."

"True, but anyways that girl then thinks she can be all buddy-buddy with Seivon? What if she tricks him and hurts him." I turned to Ashton and there was a surprised expression on his face until he burst into fits of chuckles. I stared at him. "What?"

"You. Are. Jealous." He flicked my nose.

"Huh?" Me, jealous? No way. I shook her head.

"I kinda suspected you might've liked him and the other day, I tried to help him see it. He is just oblivious. You always hate it when he gives his attention to anyone else, but you don't care when I do it. And whenever he talks about that girl who apparently saved him, your face is beet red. Then you end up yelling at him. But whenever he talks to other girls besides you and Kaisa, you hate it the most."
He's right, but I can't believe it that he knew all this time and didn't tell Seivon. But maybe I could talk to him. I haven't been talking to Kaisa because lately she hangs out with Miracine and it seems that girl has a thing for Seivon.
And yesterday I was gonna see him and I saw him helping her with something. Seivon was even over Miracine's shoulder. Are they together now?

"Don't-" I started to say, but Ash shook his head.

"I am not gonna say anything. That is just plain mean." He shrugged with a bad of popcorn, "But if you don't say anything anytime soon I will tell him, unless you have moved on."

"He doesn't even like me." I resort back. "He likes that girl who saved him more than anyone. And after her is probably Miracine. He did mention that she looks like that girl who saved him," I frowned. This is so annoying.

"But did you hear him, he said he hated everyone being like that to him." Ash pointed out, but I was still feeling down, "But it makes you wonder, why now more than ever? Did something happened to him."

"Ashton why?!" I exclaimed, "How is it all these years I've been here waiting for him and a single glance at her, and he's fallen for the nameless girl who saved him from the sea? Before he even met her, before she saved him, I liked him. But I always have to hide it. Maybe if he just got with someone, then it will make it all better and I will know these feelings are useless."

"So you want me to try to get him with Miracine?" He grinned. Oh he did that on purpose.

"WHAT?! No!" I I jumped up, "Are they together?" I asked carefully "They do spend a lot of time with each other..." I trailed off.

"You'll be jealous either way. And to answer your question, the only girl he sees like that is that one who saved him." He mutters in a sing-song way, "Lately I wonder if he has secretly been meeting her, I am his best friend and I can just tell certain things. Best friend instinct." He nodded his head proudly.