𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫 |𝟒|

"𝐖𝐢𝐬𝐡 𝐈 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐬𝐚𝐲 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐒𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐝𝐨𝐞𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐚𝐧𝐞."
~𝟓 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐒𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫
•••

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒

"She's started to talking to them

"She's started to talking to them."

"Yeah I know it's risking too much."

A risk? What risk?

"If she- Yeah, I understand that but -"

I press my ear harder against the door, struggling to hear what Aiden is saying.

"Fucking hell, fine! Fine, fine, fine, I will tell her. I swear to god if you tell me it's a fucking risk one more time I will fucking throw you off a cliff. Fuck off now," Aiden growls in a harsh tone.

Hearing him move towards the kitchen door, I scurry away as fast as I can, hoping he doesn't know I was eavesdropping. I quickly plop myself on the couch and reach down to tie my already knotted shoelaces.

"Ocean? What are you doing?" Aiden frowns at me and then down at my shoes.

Shoot!

I shake my head and brush off his questioning eyes. Then his gaze turns serious - anger and worry I've never seen before darkening his brown eyes.

"Ocean."

Oh no... Something was up. Just by the way he said my name, I know something is up and that something is not going to make me happy.

"You need to stop talking to Gabriel, Luke, and Levi," he said in a no-argument tone. I stare at him like I can't understand the words coming out of his mouth because, honestly, I cannot.

"Don't look at me like that, Ocean. You need to stop talking to them." Aiden crosses his arms and watches me as I gape at him like a fish out of water.

'What?' I mouth, too shocked to even move my hands.

"You heard what I said, Ocean. You have to stop."

My face falls into a scowl and I glare at Aiden as anger burns in my veins.

"Do not give me that look. I said what I said and you have to listen to me." Aiden mirrors my glare.

"You don't get to tell me why to do, Aiden." I sign, furious at him.

"Like hell, I can't! Do not fucking argue with me, Ocean Coraline," he seethes.

"You're my brother, Aiden. Not my father. I thought you would be happy for me!"

Something shifts in Aiden's expression when I mention him being my brother, but it disappears as his glare turns colder, harder.