14.

It was another night that Niklaus and Layla sneaked out of the house after night, if they were to be caught they would be in trouble. Now that they were older, they were expected to be married. Klaus' family wanted him to ask her for a very long time, but Layla parents would not have it.

His family loved Layla, treated her like one of there own. Every family member loved her, including Esther and Mikael. Layla's family, heard of the dark magic that happened in that household, they did not want there daughter to marry into that. They picked her a suitor, and her family planned to have them married.

Layla, hated the man. She loved Klaus and Klaus only. She didn't want to marry for a title, only for love. Klaus showed her nothing but love and affection.

Tonight was different, Niklaus was feeling brave, he would run away with Layla if he must, as would she. He had her pinned to a tree kissing down her neck. His lips brushing her collarbone.

"Nik, if we are caught," Layla began.

"What? They will kill us?" he asked.

"Possibly," Layla mumbled.

Klaus smirked, "Then we can be together entirely."

Layla's face grew a smile, "If my parents were not so indignant...."

Klaus put a finger to her lip, telling her to stop, "I do not care what your parents say, they can not keep us apart. Either can your suitor."

"Yes..."

"Listen to me. They can not. I will run away with you, we can live together, grow old together," Klaus told her.

"Nik, I love you,"

"I love you also, that is why we should get married," he told her holding a small golden ring.

Layla gulped at the sight of it, "Really?"

"Of course, I love you more than life itself, I want to be with you, forever and always," Klaus told her.

Layla nodded, "I love you too Nik," she wrapped her arms around his neck and then let Klaus slip the ring on her delicate finger.

They both smiled at each other and looked into there own future. Layla always planned for this to happen. She dreamed about it at night, she would marry Klaus, have children, grow old and die together, and it was all happening.

They did not know the significance of that ring. Yes, that ring met Layla was now officially Klaus' but, it was bigger than that. The difference between life and death, love and hate, vampire or human.
*****************
Short chapter, but the ring is going to be really important to the story, I just introduced it.

Next chapter- homecoming, Mikael, and Layla seeing Klaus after some information was shared.

Comment, Vote, Enjoy

-Floyd