A Bad Habit

All of a sudden Tahj wasn't calling me or even messaging anymore. Though I should be relieved about this I just couldn't be. I know the real him now and he could have something else up his sleeve.

I hadn't talked to Jackson in a while so we hung out and I informed him. It was a nice day so we got some ice cream. I got a brownie sundae while he got a ice cream cone. Kids and teenagers were running all around us, messing around and getting ice cream at the parlor we were leaving from.

"I never would have guessed that."
"But in a way you were on to something."
"Well, at least his name is what his name is, I was wrong about that."
I actually chuckled.
"And that explains the empty folder," he says suddenly as his head jerks in my direction.
"I forgot all about that."

As slick as I'm starting to realize Tahj is it makes sense that he would have taken the documents out of his folder. How he got into the room and into the cabinet is still a mystery.

"But I wouldn't worry about him so much. Yeah it's a fucked up situation but you're not entertaining it, you're not with him anymore. There's nothing he can do to you."
"Besides harass me."
"Which he hasn't done in a while."
"I ain't slipping up."
"Then get a restraining order," he laughed.
I groaned.
The sound of a car breaking fast caught our attention for a minute.
"You ready for the summer program?"
I turned back to Jackson who asked me.
"Yes and no," I said before I took a spoonful. "It should be fun but if those boys are around it could turn to Hell real fast."
"Maybe you should speak to Mrs. Davis about it."
I gave half a shrug.
"I'm sure I can make it through."

D wasn't home when I got back. I decided to hop in the shower for the time being and it was a hot day.
As the water ran, I peeled off my t-shirt. I heard a sound that I recognized as being my phone but when I looked over at it I seen it was a message from Brie. I opened it and quickly looked at it before laughing, it was a silly meme referencing to our time in Disneyland. I put the phone back down and got ready to get in the shower.

I had to have been in the shower for fifteen minutes before I heard a knock at the door. I peaked around the curtain just in time to see D giving me a closed lip smile with his chin up, head a little tilted back while closing the door with his hands behind him.

"Hey," I said.
He slowly walked closer to me.
"You want me to come in there and help you wash your beard?" He whispered.
I snickered.
"You can help wash more than that."
He continued smiling at me as he went to take his shirt off. I turned back to the running water to wash soap off me.
"I'm about to trim my shit actually."
"Good, it's starting to look raggedy," his voice said from behind me.
I smacked his thigh as he tried to hop away from me.
"Stop, this shower too small as hell for that."
"Then stop talking shit."
He moved closer to get to the running water.
"This water hot," he said.
"No it's not."
"But it's hot outside."
"I don't take cold showers."
He rolled his eyes at me.
"Get ya hair wet," I told him.
"You gonna stop talking to me like that."
"Or what?" I said then went to squeeze the back of his neck.
He let out a loud moan as he squeezed his eyes, body tensing up. I laughed. He swats at me.
"Stop that shit!" He laughs.
"Hey, ain't nobody tell you to get off to that shit."
He hits me again.
"Okay!" I say in surrender before I reach my arms out for a hug.
But he gives me the finger instead. I just grin at him seductively. He throws his head back into the water and I watch as his hair starts to curl up tighter and droop all around his head. I step closer to touch them, I felt his eyes watching me the whole time. My eyes stayed fixated on his curls until I closed them before moving in on his lips.

I opened my eyes after allowing myself to doze off for some time. I wasn't really tired, just relaxed for once. I've been tense for weeks now, I could feel myself loosening up.