11: Said Finesse

"I never work the bar. That's your job." I complained to Reese. Apparently, some of the staff returned from their unannounced vacations, so Garrett decided to move me to the bar with Reese. I have now learned to hate the bar.

"You always used to complain about how you had to work the floor." Reese noted. I rolled my eyes.

"That was the old me." I remarked.

"Yeah, a few weeks ago." I walked away to go attend to the people calling for me. Refilling drinks had to be the most boring part of my day. I liked interacting with people rather than do my job as the customer pays attention to the TV behind me.

"Bailey!" I whipped my head around to face the owner of the voice. It was Reese. "I'll be out on the floor. Someone got sick and bailed out for the rest of the day." She winked at me before going to work my shift.

"You know we have customers right." I ignored my coworker. I never learned her name, nor did I give her the time of day. When I first walked in here, she gave me a dirty look. Yes, I did hold a grudge for that long.

I ignored her and grabbed my notepad thing and a straw. After pacing around the bar, I found the new customer. "Well isn't this something else?" I asked Ethan as I came up to him.

"I didn't know you worked here." I shrugged.

"I need a way to get the money." He rattled off his order and I placed it on the order wheel before returning with his drink. "If you're wondering, I didn't spit in your drink."

"I wasn't thinking that."

"I could see it in your face." He stared at me. "Don't worry; I don't hold grudges like that. Who knew that would've happened Friday night? I won't hold it against you." Says the girl who holds a grudge on a girl for looking at me the wrong way.

"You are doing nothing to break the awkwardness right now."

"At least I'm trying, you're just staring. You're making me feel uncomfortable." I said.

"And I still can't believe you on that statement."

"Whatever. I'm going to go help other people since you don't appreciate my presence." I said as I turned around.

"I never said that." I laughed silently as I headed over to the next customer. If there was one thing I was grateful of, it was my dad's gene to talk to anyone regardless of the situation.

~∞~

"You know, after that whole mishap, we never got to make up that day." Ethan said as he walked me to the parking lot.

"We were supposed to make it up?"

"I mean I you don't want to, we don't have to. I was just thinking-," I cut him off.

"I never said no. It depends what you have in mind."

"Well, a couple of guys and I are having a little soccer scrimmage on Friday night." There was a suggestive tone underlying Ethan's statement.

"I mean I do like to watch guys play soccer, so what the hey. Maybe after that we can go to eat or something." I suggested.

"Great." After I got in my car, Ethan closed the door for me before patting the top of my car twice. I waved to him and headed home.

When I reached my apartment, no one was home. I took it upon myself to reheat some leftovers and make some ice tea. While the food was on the stove, I changed into some shorts and a white t-shirt.

I settled into the couch watching prerecorded TV shows on my DVR literally waiting for time to pass by.

About an hour later, I heard a knock on the door just as a Kardashian was about to lose her shit. "Who is it?" I yelled from the couch.