30- Goatman's Bridge

** This is basically my favorite episode of all time, I included a lot of dialogue from the episode because it is all just ~gold~, enjoy!!

We touchdown in Texas late in the evening, too late to head to the location, so late that we just go to the hotel and knock-out, already exhausted from the traveling... I can only imagine how I'll feel after these next couple of weeks.

The next day we won't be going to the bridge until nightfall so we have the whole day to explore Dallas, and do some tourist stuff. We get breakfast at a local place and then head to Reunion Tower, to check out the observation deck. The views of the city are amazing, and we mill about for a little while before heading back to ground level. We spend the rest of the day just exploring the city, stopping at parks, getting food, listening to live music. It's a nice break from working non-stop, and its also a nice break from lugging around a camera.

Before going to the bridge we stop back at the hotel, the sun is setting and it will be dark by the time we reach Denton, where the bridge is located. We change into more fitting clothes for the episode and get our gear ready to go. On the way to the bridge we all stop and get coffee, we're tired from our day out in the city and tonight is going to be another late night.

When we pull up in front of the bridge the sky is almost completely dark, the last of the light slipping behind the horizon, too weak to penetrate the foliage and leaving the forest pitch-black. Another location for the books, almost comedic in its spookiness. We climb out of the car and go to the trunk to start gearing up. 

"You know what, Ryan?" Shane says, holding his handheld camera, "I'm not trying to scare you, but I got a bad feeling about this one." 

"Shut up," Ryan shakes his head, I finish tightening my camera harness and start rolling.

"I do!" Shane insists. Ryan rummages through the bags in the trunk, 

"It's ok, I came prepared," he says, 

"What are you prepared with?" Shane asks, Ryan starts messing with his belt buckle,

"Oh, you'll see man," He smiles, 

"Why are you unbuttoning your pants?!" Shane asks. I hold my laughter back, TJ and Devon are beside me smiling as well. 

"Don't worry about it," Ryan responds. 

"We're in public right n-" Shane jokes, "what are you doing?!" 

"Shut up!" Ryan laughs and finally reveals that he had been hooking a holster onto his belt with a  water gun in it. 

"Oh Ryan..." Shane says, looking down at it, "You've out-dumbed yourself."

"You know, I thought this was gonna be funny-" Ryan says, "but now I'm actually happy that I have it! It's holy water inside here-"

"I- I assumed it was holy water," Shane laughs, glancing at me and smiling. Ryan pulls the water gun out, 

"Like I could be like, 'hey, Shane, look over at those bushes!" Ryan gestures to some foliage on the side of the road, I can see Shane trying not to laugh at the demonstration, "and then a demon sneaking up on me- I'd be like 'hey Shane, look over there in the bushes- Don't try demon!" He says, dramatically turning on his heel with the water gun aimed at some imaginary demon. I hold in a laugh, almost snorting at the idiocy of these boys.

"Fuckin' pull it out like that," Ryan says, sounding proud. 

"Ooh, that's spooky," Shane humors him. 

"Yeah, right?" Ryan responds. I just shake my head and smile and we start to walk further down the dirt road to the bridge.

"Hey!" Shane shines his light, "it's the bridge!" He says.