blood .49

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily

CALEB VELLA

The day that followed my encounter with Evan was truly tortuous. When I left I wanted them to know that I was not going to get in the way of their business, I didn't want them thinking I was giving Evan an unfair bias. He had to stand up to Miles himself and show that he deserves to be treated better.

It was approaching the evening and I still hadn't heard anything from Jaxon, I don't know what I was expecting but it was something. Some kind of recognition for what happened but maybe they thought telling me wasn't important.

I just wanted to know that Miles got what was coming to him and he wasn't manipulating Evan into believing that I was lying.

A million different scenarios run through my head and I couldn't sit here and ponder any longer. The anticipation was killing me and I needed a distraction, something that would make me forget until I could sleep.

"Felix," I say across the kitchen island. His brown eyes instantly flick to me, startled at my sudden outbreak. "Lets go for a run. I need a run."

Pushing the stool out from underneath me and signalling for Felix to follow, he instantly nods and says goodbye to Zara.

By the time I reach the front door Felix is right behind me. "Is everything okay?" He asks and I nod quickly.

"Yeah, I just want to go for a run. I haven't actually been out since being back and I think it will be good for me," I say as I open the door and let Felix close it behind himself.

"I agree," he tells me. "I bet your wolf is itching to get out and run for miles."

I glance at him briefly and he furrows his brows at me in confusion.

"Oh," his eyes go wide at his choice of words. "No pun intended but you know what I mean."

A short laugh escapes my lips and I shake my head. "No you're right, he is itching to get out."

I pull my t-shirt off my body and throw the rest of my clothes onto the floor by our front door. As we approach the woods, the hairs on my arms begin to stand at the thought of running freely. Clearing my mind and doing what I love most.

Without hesitation my body cracks and bends and I shift, my paws his the ground running and I never look back. Felix follows close behind me as I weave in and out of the trees.

The air felt good and the dirt felt even better. My heart races and for minutes on end I run without stopping, I forgot how amazing it felt to be in my natural form. My paws halt into the mud and a deep howl ripples through my chest as I extend my head up at the darkened sky.

Felix stops beside me and begins to do the same thing, the echo of our howls syncing. The last breath of air escapes my lips and I turn to Felix.

You have no idea how much I missed this. I mindlink Felix.

He nods back at me, his eyes gleaming with pride. I missed running with you. It was never the same.

Warmth spreads throughout my heart at his words. Just as I'm about the push off my back legs and charge through the trees again, Zara enters my mind.

Caleb! Her voice is completely panicked.

What's wrong Zara? My senses instantly become alert.

Evan, h-he's just turned up at the house and he's covered in b-blood and oh my God. Her voice begins to break and I crank my head towards Felix.