𝟬𝟭𝟰 plan in motion

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

CHAPTER FOURTEEN.
plan in motion

     THE DRIVE TO the chateau with Juno was far from silent

     THE DRIVE TO the chateau with Juno was far from silent. For the entire journey from Figure Eight to The Cut, the two girls were catching up about everything the other had seemed to miss during the time they spent apart from each other. Nova will be honest, she didn't realise she had missed so much, especially during the last twenty four hours because even after hearing every last detail, the young blonde was still reeling from the news that seemed to fly out of Juno O'Connell's mouth like rapid wildfire.

For starters, after the group of Pogues left Midsummers last night so John B could collect some sort of map from Sarah, Topper of all people pushed the Pogue boy off the Birds Nest in the midst of a violent thunderstorm, almost killing John B in the process. Nova was horrified to say the least. Learning that your friend almost killed someone wasn't exactly good news to hear. But part of Nova understood his anger towards both John B. Sarah did cheat on him after all. However, John B could have still died. He could be dead right now and it would have been all Topper's fault.

Much like many of her friends, Nova was beginning to question whether she really knew them, or were they just painting on a facade to make her like them?

Shortly after John B's accident, everyone soon learned that the Pogue boy was going to be living with the Cameron family, which was even more shocking than the first thing Juno had informed her about. Nova was surprised because she didn't exactly peg Ward Cameron as the type to take strays off of the streets and invite them into his home.

     But she didn't think it was worth questioning.

Juno even filled Nova in on the Pogues most recent discovery in their hunt for the treasure they had all become so desperate to find. It turns out that a man, Denmark Tanny, took the gold from the Royal Merchant before it sunk to the bottom of the sea and made his fortune. Before he died, he left a coded message to his son telling him where the gold was, and it just so happened that millions worth of pure gold was buried underneath the old Crain Estate.