Chapter 13: Support

Tough crowd huh?  The more you guys comment, the more likely I am to continue writing it.  My enthusiasm for this story is starting to wane, but as of right now I'm doing all right.  My favorite cat competition is still up for grabs.  I don't own warriors.  Blossomfall turns a tad evil in this one btw. This chapter is quite a bit longer so...

The clan was full of whispers.  Whispers and glances.  At Jayfeather and Briarlight to be specific.  The pair had entered camp, to be greeted by nervous murmurs and suprised expressions.  At least they had each other.

"Blossomfall?" Briarlight searched for her sister, seeking the support of her family, even if every  other cat considered her an outcast.  "How could you do this? Betray our family like this? Mating with a medicine cat? Now that's disgusting." Blossomfall spat on the floor.  "You're no sister of mine"

Jayfeather tried to contain his anger.  Briarlight can fight her own battles, she doesn't need a blind cat to fight them for her. Pressing against his mate, he could feel Briarlight's head leaning against her chest, heavy with sadness. "C'mon Briarlight, ignore her. I love you, and that's all that matters."  Jayfeather licked her muzzle.  "Let's go somewhere quieter. The Gathering is tomorrow, and Firestar is going to announce the idea."

"Briarlight, Boltpaw, Ashpaw, Brackenfur, Lightpaw, Ivypool, Lionblaze, Graystripe, Brambleclaw, Bumblestripe, Leafpool and Squirrelflight will be going to the Gathering." Jayfeather thought the selected cats were a good choice.  They were great warriors, but they also respected and stood behind Firestar.  He would need that support when he suggested the code change. Would Firestar mention anything about the prophecy?  Wait! I've been so caught up in taking Briarlight as my mate that I had forgotten about the prophecy!

Firestar chuckled.  The first part of the prophecy had come true.  The feather had fallen, fallen in love.  StarClan worked in mysterious ways, but only they knew what the future held.  He steeped up onto Highrock.  "We are heading out now! If you were selected to go to the Gathering, I suggest you join us now."  The group left camp, but when they arrived, ThunderClan did not exchange tongues as they normally did.  Instead, the ThunderClan cats stuck together, bracing themselves for what was up ahead.

Firestar started.  Briarlight gulped.  It was one thing to announce it to your clan, but to all the others as well? That was daunting.  Firestar yowled to get everyone's attention, and then began. "ThunderClan would like to propose a change to the medicine cat code."