𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐓𝐰𝐨

CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO:BASEBALL

CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO:
BASEBALL

"HE'S INVITING HER?" EMMA asked with a snarl. "She's literally ruining everything." Emma placed the third base down before placing down the home base with a thud.

"Emma, be nice." Esme stated. Emma gave her mother a blank look whilst Esme gave her a stern one. Emma huffed.

"Whatever." She walked over to Amelia, the girl instantly bringing her mood up. She would be damned if she let Bella ruin this for her. She was going to have a good time and she was going to ignore Bella the entire time. Problem solved. Emma turned her head when she heard Edward's jeep pull up before turning back towards Amelia who had started to play fight with her. Emma let out a laugh as Amelia started playfully slap her, earning a kick from Emma.

Carlisle and Rosalie both held the bat before upping one another with their hands until Carlisle won earning a playful slap from Rosalie as she smiled with amusement. Bella and Edward appeared and Esme immediately placed an arm around Bella as Emma walked up to Rosalie with an amused smile, giving her wife a kiss on the cheek.

"I'm glad you're here, we need an umpire." Esme stated.

"She thinks we cheat." Emmett mused.

"Oh, I know you do. Especially that one over there." Esme said, pointing at Emma who gave a sheepish smile. "Call 'em as you see them, Bella."

Everyone got on their respective teams. Emmett, Amelia, Edward, and Alice on one. Carlisle, Emma, Jasper, and Rosalie on the other. Rosalie was up to bat first as Emma stood beside her brother with a smile. Emma looked up as lightning strikes, littering the sky with a fluorescent blue before disappearing again.

"It's time!" Alice called. She looked at Rosalie who readied her bat before nodding her head. Alice lifted up the ball, hiking up her leg before pitching it. Rosalie hit the ball at the same time the thunder hit, allowing her to run quickly around the bases.

"Okay, now I see why you need the thunder." Bella said, impressed. Emma watched as Edward quickly ran after the flying ball. "That's gotta be a home run, right?"

"Edward's very fast." Esme said, shaking her head. Emma looked at her brother, watching as he started to do tricks with his baseball bat. The ball came flying towards Esme who quickly caught it. Rosalie slid onto the base just as Esme touched it, the two women looking at Bella for her opinion.

"You're out." Bella said. Rosalie glared at her and she stood up, pushing the girl out of the way.

"Come on, Rose! It's just a game!" Emmett called from the field.

Carlisle grabbed hold of the girl with a small smile as he said, "nice kitty." Emma wrapped an arm around her waist as Carlisle went up to bat. He aimed his bat before looking at Alice and nodding his head. She pitched and Carlisle hit it with another loud bang. He ran around the bases as both Edward and Emmett went running for the ball, opting in them slamming into one another and landing on the ground as they let out laughs. Carlisle made a home run and next it was Jasper's turn to bat.