Back to the City

2 months later.....

"You have stellar remarks. You know this was for the best" Maddie's father lectured as they drove back to the city from the rurally developed part of New York.

"Toxic things are not needed in life" Maddie expressed. It was a phrase she has learned at the school.

Honestly Maddie had forced herself to behavior in hopes of go home as soon as possible. Her great listening skills and behavior had warranted her to leave two weeks earlier than expected.

All Maddie had to do was behavior until her 18th birthday and then she was free from the crushing grip of her father.

If only Maddie knew then what she knew now she would have never wished her father to be more present in her life. He was controlling and driven by reputation and image more than anything else.

"Great. Constance is expecting your arrival on Monday. I assume old habits won't return?"

"School is my main focus. Plus with prom coming up I have little time to prepare" Maddie cheerfully responded.
———
Monday

"So you disappeared once again" Blair said snotty with Nate clinging by her side. Maddie had learned through Gossip Girl that Nate and Blair we're back together.

"I had no choice. My dad sent me to reform school upstate. All because of the incident at the opera" Maddie explained.

"Yeah we heard about that. Are you okay? You now with the whole Jack Bass almost taking advantage of you" Nate said.

"I'm fine. Luckily Chuck saved me before he could anything" Maddie said.

"Well let's forget about the past and look towards the future. We have prom coming up. We need dresses and shoes and our hair done" Blair rambled on.

Maddie smiled at Blair. She had missed everyone dearly.

"After school? Lattes and Barney's?" Maddie asked.

"Perfect" Blair squealed before running off with Nate. Maddie headed to class.

Later that afternoon the three girls shopped, gossiped and caught up with one another. Maddie hadn't enjoyed herself like this in a long time.

"So what's your ideal dress?" Blair asked Serena and Maddie.

"Strapless maybe pale pink" Serena stayed shuffling through the rack.

"I always dreamed of a personal hand designed lilac dress with small Swarovski crystals floating down the train.... but being sent away left me with no choice but to buy off the rack. I guess this navy strapless will do" Maddie said with disappointment in her voice.

"This is what I've been eyeing up" Blair said showing the two her royal dress from England. "No one will have this"

"It's amazing" Serena said.

"Wow. It's gorgeous" Maddie replied.

"Okay enough about me try on your dresses" Blair said pushing the two into the fitting rooms. When the two came out Blair insisted that both Maddie and Serena buy those dresses.

Maddie agreed Serena looked amazing in hers but didn't feel the same. It just wasn't her lilac handmade gown.

Maddie knowing she couldn't have what she had envisioned all these years agreed to the dress she had on.

"Ahhhh I'm excited" Blair said clapping her hands together in excitement.
———
Prom Day

"This is it" Maddie said into the phone. She had just woken up and was about to get ready. "We have graduation in a few days and then we are done"