f o r t y

Friday afternoon, Aerin happily came back from school, expecting to be alone at home since Mark was at his uni and her parents were still at work

Friday afternoon, Aerin happily came back from school, expecting to be alone at home since Mark was at his uni and her parents were still at work. That was why she was surprised when she saw her brother's shoes by the door.

"Mark?? You there??", she shouted but no one answered.

Aerin went upstairs, putting her backpack into her room before knocking on her brother's room. When no one answered, she pressed her ear against the door, hearing soft sobs behind it. Aerin opened the door spotting Mark in his bed, face buried in his pillow, "Leave me alone please.", his voice was raspy and fragile as if he's been crying for a few hours already.

Aerin noticed the papers that had been previously thrown on the ground by him. She picked them up as one caught her eyes, 'SM UNIVERSITY: EXPULSION REPORT', the girl frowned not understanding why Mark would be expelled from his school. She took all the papers back to her room, texting Donghyuck to come to her house. Aerin put all the pages in order before reading the report.

SM UNIVERSITY: EXPULSION REPORT

Name: Lee Mark

Student number: 021126

Age: 20

Class: Song writing, Composition

Motive of the expulsion: Stole work from another student, threatened another student, bullying

"What none sense is this?", her eyebrows furrowed more and more as she read through the report. Her eyes stopped on the list of the school's management board's members.

Bae Joohyun
Lee Taeyong
Lee Taemin
Jo Minhye

'Jo Minhye...I wonder if...'

Aerin grabbed her phone and did a quick research for 'Jo Minhye SM University'. Her eyes scrolled through the results at an incredible pace and finally stopping on an article that confirmed her doubt.

Jo Minhye, member of SM University's management and her daughter, Jo Somin at the Lee's annual gala.

"I knew it!", she whispered to herself, quickly standing up from her desk chair and grabbing her jacket before dashing downstairs. She put her shoes on and as she opened the door, she saw Donghyuck ready to ring the doorbell, "Hey uhm, Mark is in his room, he's not feeling really good right now so I thought you could comfort him. If he asks, I'm going to Jeno's for something important.", she said, before basically running out of the house.

When she finally arrived in front of Jeno's house, she hurriedly pressed the intercom and let it rang, "Welcome to the Lee's house- Oh Aerin-ssi is that you?", the gatekeeper asked, seeing her via the little camera above the intercom.

Aerin waved at the camera with a smile, "Hello Mr. Jeong, I'm sorry for this impromptu visit but it's really important."

"It's always a pleasure to see you. Oh and Aerin-ssi, please thank your parents for the moon cakes, they were delicious, my little girl really enjoyed them."

"Oh, it was nothing Mr. Jeong and thank you.", she replied before pushing the gate and entering, closing it behind her.

She walked the isle to the front door where Mrs.Yim, the main maid, was already waiting for her, "Aerin-ssi, what are you doing here?", she asked with her usual warm smile.

"I'm sorry for being an inconvenience but I needed to talk to Jeno about something.", Aerin answered, entering the house and removing her shoes, putting them beside the front door as usual.

"You're never an inconvenience dear and dare I say you're much better than Mr. Lee's ex-girlfriend. You two look really great together.", she said, making Aerin's cheeks heat up a little.

"I- No- We're-", the girl stuttered before being interrupted by a familiar voice.

"Aerin? What are you doing here??", Jeno asked, standing at the bottom of his stairs in a casual pair of sweatpants, a white tshirt and glasses on the bridge of his nose.

Mrs.Yim bowed slightly at the two before leaving the room and returning to her duties. Aerin looked at Jeno, saying, "That's new. I didn't know you wear glasses."

"I only wear them when I'm alone at home, otherwise I wear my contacts.", he shrugged walking to her and casually wrapping his arms around her waist.

"You look good.", she smiled, making Jeno blushed a little.

Jeno cleared his throat, trying to woosh away this little thing his heart was doing, "S-So why are you here? Not that I don't want you here."

"I need to talk to you about something.", her expression became serious and Jeno knew that it was something important.

"Okay, let's talk in my room.", he grabbed her hand, intertwining their fingers and leading her up the stairs.

", he grabbed her hand, intertwining their fingers and leading her up the stairs

a/n: poor mark, i feel bad for him ☹ so what did you think happen? 👀

btw this book almost has 1k view like thank you so much 🤧 but i think wattpad is acting weird cuz like kdrama is #1 with the #leejeno and i'm like 😦🤔