𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE:KILLING JAMES

KILLING JAMES

AFTER CARLISLE HAD TALKED to Laurent, he, Edward, and Bella all entered the garage.

"Emma and I have had to fight our kind before." Jasper spoke. "We're not easy to kill."

"But not impossible." Emmett responded, going over to the cabinets and opening them up. "We'll tear them apart and burn the pieces."

"I don't relish in the thought of killing another creature, even a sadistic one like James." Carlisle spoke. Emma walked up to her wife, sitting down on the counter beside her and then wrapping an arm around her.

"What if he kills one of us first?" Rosalie asked.

"I'm gonna run Bella south, can you lead the tracker away from here?" Edward asked.

"Edward, James will know that you won't leave Bella's side." Emma spoke. "He'll follow you."

"She's right." Carlisle said, looking at his son.

"I'll go with Bella." Alice spoke. "Jasper and I will run her south. I'll keep her safe, Edward."

"Can you keep your thoughts to yourself?" Edward glared.

"Yes." Alice simply stated before taking Bella from him and walking her over to the car.

"Rosalie, Esme, Amelia." Edward spoke. "Could you put these on so the tracker will pick up Bella's scent?" He tossed clothing at the three women. Rosalie picked it up and glared at him.

"Why? What is she to me?" Rosalie snarled.

"Rosalie, Bella's with Edward. She's part of this family now." Carlisle spoke. He handed the girl Bella's coat. "We protect our family."

"No she's not." Emma stated. "She's no where close to being part of this family. At least, not to me."

"Emma."

"Neither are you." Emma said, looking at Edward with a glare that could kill. Rosalie took the coat as Emma hopped down before walking away, Emma close behind her. They got into Emmett's jeep before quickly speeding away at the same time as Alice. They got into a certain spot in the woods before they started to run through it, Emmett and Edward joining them. Occasionally, Rosalie would rub the coat against the tree to spread Bella's scent before continuing forward. It felt like they had been running forever until Edward suddenly stopped. They all looked at him before realizing James was no longer following them.

"He's figured it out." Edward speaks.

"Of course." Emma sighed.

"Rose, you, Esme, and Amelia needed to keep Charlie protected." Edward stated. "Emmett, Emma-"

"Let's just get this over with." Emma cut him off before they all went to their correct locations. Emma and Emmett sat in the back of the car, Carlisle was driving, and Edward was in the passengers seat of the car dialing Bella's number.