Shinso's CatCafe

Like all good things that happen to Shinso, it started at a catcafe.

It was a week before the sports festival and to say Shinso was stressed was an understatement and a pretty big one at that. He was working out far more than he was used to, 1-C had gotten four different essays to complete, and his classmates still wouldn't talk to him, so the group project fell solely on him to do. Yeah, he was Stressed™ and the catcafe was not as relaxing as it usually was, either because he brought his work in with him, or because almost all the cats were lying on someone sprawled on the floor. Probably a combination of both, he thought, watching a fat white mainecoon adjust itself to better smother the lucky person's face, yeah, it's both.

He shakes his head and turns back to his work, only to get quickly annoyed and look away before he can give into the urge to burn the stack of papers in front of him, the cats wouldn't appreciate the smoke.

He almost jumps when there's suddenly a person in the chair opposite him, a rather familiar person with green hair and the fat white mainecoon from earlier in his lap. Shinso whipped his head to the spot the person used to be lying only to fine most of the cats still lying in the same position, just without the person under them.

"How?" He asked, because really, it's almost impossible to move out from under a cat without waking them, especially that many cats.

The boy just shrugs and smiles, "you're the boy who called out all of 1-A, right?"

Shinso narrows his eyes, looking him over, oh, that's where I've seen him. He was going to open his mouth when the boy talked right over him, "it's amazing how you could say that in front of everyone! And how you talked to Kacchan! I've never seen anybody do that before! Oh! I'm Midoriya Izuku! What's you're name?"

Shinso takes a moment to sort through that and he's about to answer when he gets cut off, again. "Oh! You don't have to tell me if you don't want to, I shouldn't have asked. You probably don't wanna talk to me anyway, I'm sorr-"

"Hey," Shinso cuts him off, activating his quirk as the boy, Midoriya, gives a startled yelp, and quickly takes control, "calm down, I can't say anything you you keep talking," and releases it.

Midoriya stares wide eyed at him and he braces for disgust or anger, but he's just watching him silently and Shinso takes a breath, "I'm Shinso Hitoshi, it's nice to meet you, I guess."

Midoriya blinks slowly, then blinks again, before a wide smile breaks across his face, "Shin-kun! That was so cool! Was that your quirk? Is it some sort of emotion or hormone control? No, I wasn't in control of my body, a body control quirk? No, given that I responded to you, it's more likely a mind control quirk. Wow, I've never seen one that strong before, most are suggestion based, that was absolute control. What are the limits? How's it activated? What are the conditions? Any backlash? How much can you make someone do? Can they escape from your control? Oh, gosh! The things you could do with that quirk! You'll make a great hero, Shin-kun! You'll probably go underground, keep your quirk a secret and all, easier to get the drop on people when they don't know not to respond to you. You could solve a fight without further injury or property damage. Hostage negotiation would be a breeze. Information gathering, too! Such a versatile quirk!"

He trails off when he starts to notice Shinso's stare, face getting progressively redder, he smiles sheepishly and mumbles, "I was rambling again, right? I'm sorry."

Shinso just blinks, astonished, his father was the only one who ever said things like that! Without his permission, his eyes start to tear up and he quickly looks away, blinking rapidly, he wasn't going to cry just because some random boy told him he could be a hero, 'you'll make a great hero, Shin-kun!'

Midoriya was freaking out, hands all over the place, mouth going a mile a minute in high pitched, anxious tones, a continuous stream of 'I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you cry, oh my gosh'. He quickly gets himself under control and waves the boy's concerns off, with a smale smile.

"It's fine, Midoriya, I just don't get told that often."

"You can call me Izuku, Shin-kun. And why wouldn't they? It's such a great quirk!"

There's a small blush on Shinso's face, but he shrugs, "most people see it as villainous."

The boy tilts his head, "but why? I mean, sure, it's not a," he scrunches his nose, "flashy quirk, but it's extremely strong and perfect for hero work!"

"They fear it, I guess. Think I'll use it on them."

"And would you?"

Shinso scowls, his almost good mood dropping instantly, "despite what happened earlier, I don't just use it on everyone."

Midoriya smiles wide, "they don't know what they're missing then! I can already tell you're a great guy, Shin-kun!"

Shinso's mood shoots back up with that smile and they talk till the cafe closes, and exchange numbers once they get kicked out. Shinso goes down as 'best purple boi' and Midoriya goes down as 'best bush'.