Part 1- The Bus

Asiyah's POV.

I got up this morning early as always and got ready for school.

After getting ready I went downstairs to meet my family at the table to eat breakfast together.

Maa made paranthas and eggs.

Yummy~

As I was eating I had to let them know that I was going to be late today.

"Maa I'll be late today I have to go to the library with Maryam" I told Maa.

"okay but you know that you can't be out after 7 or else your Abbu will be really mad at you" she warned me.

Yes I know. I nodded.

I know that she says that not only because of that.

But also because of this horrible city that were living in.

Where man are in the Sky and woman down on earth.

And we follow every each of their steps.

We have strict curfews and we aren't allowed to do so many things because it's always "be careful you don't want the guys to see you" or " don't show yourself too much the eagles always keep their eyes on every girl around here".

I don't remember a day when I felt like I was free to be here.

I live in a city in Karachi called Gulshan town.

Although it seems like a calm area where everyone lives peacefully, it isn't at all.

During the day you can hear the chickens, the cows and the birds.

During the night, you hear gunshots, people yelling and fear present.

I grew up most of my life in England with Abbu and around the age of ten I came back to Pakistan.

Every guy's dream here is to be able to become successful and bring goods to his family and every girl's dream... Well I must say hope is to be able to at least finish school before getting married or taken away.

But I, I want to be something.

Because I know for a fact that everyone is special and everyone has potential.

But girls aren't seen this way here.

That's why I pray to Allah that he never lets anything break my dreams and ambitions and never let me end where I never want to be.

Once I was done eating, I got up and went to the bathroom to put my hijab on.

Every girl in this city has to be covered from head to toe or else you're looking for trouble or a husband.

I always try to dress myself in modesty.

Although I didn't feel like wearing the hijab yet, Maa said that I had to because that way they can be sure I'm safe.

I decided to wear a baby pink hijab matching my pink Abaya.

I walked out of the house taking my school bag and made my way to the bus stop.

The buses here are really different from what we see in England, here it's small and there's not a lot of space.

It can fit like 10 people no more no less.

Two buses arrived, one for the girls and one for the guys as we all get on.

I saw Maryam, my best friend and joined her.

"hey! Ladoo!" I said as I slightly scared her.

I've been calling Maryam Ladoo since we ever met. She is a bit chubby I'm not going to lie but she's the cutest human being on earth and I'm the only one who can call her ladoo.

She takes off her earphones and looks at me.

"you scared me pagal!" she says.

"sorry, how you doing?" I asked her.

"I'm nervous for the finals.. If I don't pass my ammi will sue me" she said.

"don't worry we'll make it" I said trying to make her feel better.

"inshallah" she adds.

I let her listen to her music for the rest of the ride while impatiently waiting to get out of this tiny bus and get to school.

Keeping my eyes on my phone, the bus suddenly stops and I move my head up to see that we have arrived... Somewhere?

What the...?

Where are we?

I look at Maryam and she's sleeping so I shake her so she can wake up.

"hey wake up" I say as she opens her eyes.

"what's wrong?" she asks me.

"look" I say pointing at window of the bus beside her.

"where are we?" she asks me as if I knew.

"I don't know" I said.

We can hear and sense every girl in the bus starting to panic and not understanding what's going on.

I got up and walked up to the driver.

"Baya where are we?" I asked him but he isn't saying anything.

"baya?" I called him again but no response.

I got back to my place.

What is going on?

I try to reassure Maryam who's not feeling well at all.

I see a few black cars stop outside and that's when both of our attention went to the window.

" what is this? What's going on Asiyah I'm scared" Maryam said as I squeeze her hand.

I don't know Maryam, I don't know.

The bus driver gets out of the bus and we see him walking up to the car and receiving money from someone before he gets into the car himself and someone else gets out of it.

It was a man with a black suit. He seemed really tall and muscular.

Which didn't make the situation better at all.

He got into the bus and it's as if all the girls in the bus including me were out of breath.

" Hey girls, the school organized a little activity for you guys today so don't worry, I will ask each one of you to get out of the bus, my name is Sultan and I will be taking care of you guys until we arrive" he said that before getting out of the bus and waiting for us.

This is not true...

This can't be...

They can fool everyone but not me.

Who the hell are you guys?

And what are we here for?

***

I didn't copy any book. If there are some things that are similar to another book that you have read well this is just coincidental.

Please do not read this book if you are here to write :

- mean comments
-violent comments
-or any other type of offensive comments ‼️

it's simple as that, if you don't like it as you read it stop and leave. You're not forced to read it nor are you forced to stay on this app. Be kind and move on.

❕❕ this book is a 100% fictional, none of this is real. I did not base this on true events, places, or people.

I hope you will enjoy my second book. Please show your support by commenting your ideas and voting. Thank you.

If you see my book being copied anywhere, please make sure to let me know.

All copy rights are reserved.

Peace out❤️