Chapter 15: Secrets Out

"I'm going to start showing more soon." I frown and look down in the mirror.

"I think you look great." John says on my bed. I roll my eyes and look at Madeline, who is also on my bed. "What do you think?" She sighs and turns her head, looking at me in the mirror. "You've already decides to tell people right? It'll be okay."

I sigh and sit down in my chair, putting a hand on my small bump. "Do you think Colby's legit about this? He's so," I trail off trying to think of a word to describe him. "Unpredictable?" Madeline asks. I nod my head and frown.

"Well you'll have us if he does back away." John smiles and kisses my head, I smile back. "But I don't think he will. He was already planning for when he's here and you're only 15 weeks. He really does care." Madeline says. I nod my head and look at my tv, keeping my teary eyes from their view.

We continue to watch tv until we all realize it was almost midnight. "Yeah, I have to get home. Moms orders." John says and gets up, hugging me from the side. "I'll see you in class Monday." He says goodbye to Maddie then he leaves.

"Are you staying?" I ask her, she shakes her head yes. "I don't have anywhere to be tomorrow so why not." She laughs.

I change into my night clothes and lay in my bed, getting under the cover as Maddie changes. "What should we name him? Is it to soon to think about that?" I laugh as she gets in the bed.

"No, we can start looking tonight. What do you think of when you think about him?" She asks and grabs her phone.

"Um, well really I just get nervous. And I'm constantly scared about what'll come when he's here." I tell her.

"Anything positive?" She laughs. "What about when you think about Colby?"

"When I think of Colby I think of a lot of things. Guilt, regret, embarrassment. But I also think of how mysterious and dark he is. He's like a dark knight." I laugh.

She smiles at me, "Do you think he's you're knight?" She laughs. I scrunch my nose, "Hell no. Good in bed, yes, relationship material, no."

"Okay what else do you think of?"

"His eyes have always made me feel some time of way. They're like the perfect shade of blue, you know." I sigh.

She looks at me and laughs, shaking her head. "Okay, what about that dude in the Bible who killed his brother?" She asks as she searching through google.

"Cain?" I laugh. "I don't know how much Colby would like his son being named after the first murderer."

"But think about it. You associate Colby with darkness and betrayal and he's somewhat biblical with his aesthetic. I mean, it's kind of perfect." She laughs.

Cain. It's short and simple but unique. It does fit Colby nice and I really do like names that are different.

"I'll ask him about it, then we'll think about it." I laugh.

"And maybe if you have a daughter one day you can name her Lilith or Eve." She smiles.

My eyes widen and I slap her arm, "No! Colby and I don't even think of each other that way." I laugh.

"You think of each other some type of way the night you made him." She rolls her eyes.

My cheeks heat up and I turn away from her, closing my eyes. 

***

"How should we announce it?" Colby scoots his chair closer to me as he sits down. Sam sits next to him.

"Announce what?" I ask as I eat my blueberries.

"The baby, duh." He says a little loud. I put my hand over his mouth and shush him.