2. Beyond the bowed crowd

A/N

Hiya!! Here is chapter 2. Its unedited, so please excuse the grammatical errors and spelling mistakes if any.

Picture of Cole Knightly (Alex Pettyfer) on the side.

NOTE: All the lines given in italics are Mr. Talon's words.

Enjoy! :)

*****

Suzzanah's POV

Claustrophobia- the fear of closed spaces.

Its rather common so people have stopped taking it seriously when they should! I would have died of suffocation if the doors to that metal container they call an elevator, hadn't slid open exactly when they did.

The doors hadn't even opened completely and I found myself squeezing out of the gap in between them. The receptionist looked freaked out but thankfully didn't say anything as I gulped down air hungrily.

After a few seconds of acting like a vacuum cleaner, sucking up all the air around me, I composed myself and slowly turned to the receptionist while wondering what to say to redeem my uncustomary behavior.

"Um, uh...first day of work jitters you know haha", I laughed nervously.

The receptionist, whose name tag read Cindy Barton, gave me a tight lipped smile, or at least I hope it was a smile. "This way please", she said in a steely manner and started walking into the corridor on the left.

I brought my nervous laughter to an abrupt end and followed suit. 10 minutes into my first day and already a person disliked me. Not the best way to start out, I thought sighing inwardly.

If I thought this place was beautiful on the outside, I don't even have words to describe the inside. Everything about this place screamed wealth.

Large, spacious rooms with white shiny marbled floors so clean that I could see my reflection in them. The doors were all made of glass, with intricate and beautiful designs on them. Lovely showpieces of various colours, sizes and types hung on the walls. I never really had eye for interior decoration but man this place's interiors were THE BOMB!

I was so awed that I had to remind myself to close my mouth before we entered a nice looking room with a large desk and shelves containing files and other paperwork stacked up messily.

On a rotating chair behind the desk, sat a young-ish man in a grey suit, his brown hair combed back in a prim and proper fashion, and eyes hidden behind thin rimmed spectacles.

"Mr. Talon, I brought Miss Winters here to meet you as you requested", Cindy said and he looked up from the files he was reading.

"Ah yes, thank you Cindy. Please come in Miss Winters, have a seat", he replied in a quirky nasal voice.

I smiled at him and turned to thank Cindy but she had already left. I took a seat opposite him and while I searched my handbag for my appointment letter I thought I heard him sniffing.

I looked at him to see him looking at me with narrowed eyes but he said nothing and took the appointment letter that I handed to him. He quickly read through it and continued to explain to me all my job duties and responsibilities.

He was by far the most melodramatic man I had ever met. He explained everything with many superfluous gestures. Although his voice was squeaky, nasal and high pitched, his voice modulation was rather exceptional. He was quite the narrator.

But it seemed like to him, everything was the end of the world.

After a long speech, a lot of overt explaining and an unending list of do's and dont's, he led me to meet my immediate boss, the business head of the ROYALE Industries, Mr. John Penson.