𝙂𝙧𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙤𝙩𝙩𝙨 𝙍𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙡𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙨

July 10, 1993

Before Aster knew it, half the summer was already gone, and she hadn't even started on her homework! In fact, she would've completely forgotten about the outside world if her Hogwarts letter hadn't arrived in the middle of July.

Miss Aster Potter,

The following is a list of available classes offered at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. The 6 core classes, Transfiguration, Potions, Charms, Defense Against the Dark Arts, Herbology, and History of Magic are required courses. You may select 2 other classes as Electives. Below the Elective Course Title is a list of equipment and books that are mandatory for the class. Please note that while Astronomy was required for your first two years, a recent change in the curriculum has since made it one of the elective choices now.

Care of Magical Creatures

Instructor: Rubeus Hagrid

Book: Monster Book of Monsters by Duncun McClaw

Equipment: Dragonhide gloves

Divination

Instructor: Sybill Trelawny

Book: Piercing Through the Great Unknown, An Introduction by Mysti Avis

Equipment: Crystal ball, tarot cards, divination teacup

Runes

Instructor: Bathesda Babbling

Book: Beginner's Guide to Runes and Wards by Harold Keystone

Equipment: Rune stones

Arithmancy

Instructor: Septima Vector

Book: Beneath the Spells, a Calculated Approach by Madam Summa O'Neil

Equipment: Stone or Brass Abacus, one extra-large box of white chalk sticks.

Astronomy

Instructor: Aurora Sinestra

Book: Pluto and Beyond by Sheila Contessa

Equipment: Intermediate Level Constellation Map, Telescope (minimum 54 power lens, 5-inch diameter window)

Muggle Studies

Instructor: Charity Burbage

Book: To Understand the Magickless Mind by Robert Brown

Equipment: Standard Muggle Kit (includes muggle money, shrunken muggle cookware, and muggle school supplies)

If you are interested in any other disciplines not offered by Hogwarts, you may submit a proposal to the Hogwarts School Board. This proposal must include the subject of your interest, a Department of Magical Education approved instructor who has achieved an E or better in their NEWTS in the subject of interest and a syllabus that will also be reviewed by a representative of the Department of Magical Education.

Please have your proposal submitted by August 4th to Lady Morticia Zabini, Chairwoman Hogwarts School Board.

Please have your selected electives submitted by August 24th to Professor Minerva McGonagall, Deputy Headmistress of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Sincerely,

Professor McGonagall,

Deputy Headmistress