Chapter 3:

Beck helped me stand up and I stood up just fine. It was only when we started walking back down the hallway through the rest of the prison, that I started wobbling. I had been confined to a very small 5x6 cell, I didn't walk very much, or very far distances. Once I started stumbling beck stopped, steadied me, and then swiftly lifted me up, carrying me bridal style through the prison.

        When we got to the door to leave that horrible place I'd spent the last two and a half months of my life, I suddenly got very anxious and very nauseous. Beck looked down at me, concern gracing his features and he quickly put me down.

        He bent to look me in the eye, "Alexia, sweetheart, are you ok?" he asked quietly. I nodded my head and lifted my arms to be picked up again. He complied chuckling and I relaxed in his arms. As we climbed up the stairs, to the main part of the pack house, I started to hear more noises. I tensed in his arms and I knew he knew something was wrong. As if reading my mind, he gave me a soft smile.

        "Alexia, everything's going to be fine don't worry," he whispered to me.

        "Beck, you don't understand there's more people up there! I... I-I don't think...I can't......I-I'm not..." I trailed off, embarrassed. His eyes widened with realization.

        "Oh, Alexia, shit I'm sorry I didn't think... I didn't realize..." He rambled on and on then stoppedd, as if he was thinking or zoned out. I'd seen my father do it before a thousand times, and knew he must be mindlinking.  We stood there for a few minues, then all of a sudden, it was quiet and you could hear no more noise from the pack house. I let out the breath i had been holding, and Beck opened the door to the upstairs.

        I gazed around me speechless and in awe as I took in my surroundings. The door opened up to a massive kitchen that had sleek stainless steel appliances and marble countertops. The floor was a dark  paneled wood that seemed to fill the entire first floor. To the left was a huge lving room, to the right a long hallway. Beck turned around and I could see that the door we came through was set underneath a huge staircase. To the right of the door was a large kitchen table and breakfast nook which branched off into a huge dining room. Beck walked into the grand foyer, complete with a chrystal chandelier, and started up the stairs. Still carrying me as if, I weighed nothing at all. As he walked, I continued to look around the house- er mansion I should day. It seemed that it combined a victorian feel with modern accents. It doesn't seem like it would go together, but the house was absolutely stunning. It had 5 floors and a basement to it and there were more rooms than i could count.

        Being so transfixed with the house, I hardly noticed where Beck was taking me. I finally realized he had taken me up to the top floor of the house. When we got to the top of the stairs there, it almost seemed like we were at a penthouse apartment. There were two French doors with the word "Alpha" written across them in silver cursive. Beck pushed these doors open, which led to yet another hallway. I would never be able to find my way around. He strode quickly to the end of the hallway and kicked the door opened. He walked me inside a huge room with a king size bed against the back wall. He placed me gently on the center of the bed and walked into the adjoining bathroom.

        One wall was made up entirely of windows from floor to ceiling. I spotted a huge walk-in closet that might have been bigger than my room at home, A falt screen tv and a couple of couches and a small desk. The walls were a deep navy and the bed i was on had a black comforter and black silk sheets. Everything else in the room was a dazzling white.

        Beck strolled out of the bathroom, and grabbed a big sweatshirt and a pair of boxers out of his closet and brought them into the bathroom. He walked around muttering to himself quietly, and I cocked my head in confusion. He disappeared back into the closet with a fluffy white towel, and walked over to me.

        "How about a nice shower, before we assess the damage hmm?" He asked me softly. I nodded and he pulled me up and walked me to the bathroom.

        "I put some clothes in there for you. Use anything you need ok? I'll be right over here when you finish." he said leaning against the doorframe. I nodded, and he turned to walk away, but i stopped him.

"Beck?" he turned to look at me, "Thank you. For everything" I said sheepishly.

      "You're welcome, Alexia," he replied grinning.

        He had already warmed the water up for me so I quickly stripped and hopped in. The hot water pounded on to my back, soothing my aching muscles. The water swirled down the drain brown and red as the dirt and dried blood was scrubbed off of me. I grabbed Beck's shampoo and squirted it into my hair. I massaged my scalp and scrubbed my hair clean, then rinsed it and conditioned it. He left me a wash cloth so I poured some of his body wash onto the cloth and began to scrub my skin. He had left me a razor so i quickly shaved and rinsed one last time before hopping out.

        I shut the water off and began to towel dry my hair. I then dried the rest of my body and looked in the mirror. I looked awful. There were dark purple circles under my eyes, I was pale and gaunt. I looked skinny, too skinny. I looked like a walking corpse. I brushed my hair quickly wringing the water into the sink. I then slipped on his sweatshirt and his boxers and tried to avoid looking in the mirror.

        I stepped out of the warm bathroom, and into the room to find Beck scrolling through his phone. He glanced up and saw me, smiling and locking his phone before walking over to me. He leaned down and pressed his face to my neck, inhaling deeply. He sighed contentedly before grabbing my hand and guiding me back to the bed.

        "Alexia," he began, "I have to take a look at your injuries and clean them up. Is that ok? Will you let me do that sweetheart?"

        I whimpered and looked away. I didn't want him to see all my scars and cuts and bruises. They made me feel self conscious and ugly, like I was marred.

        "Please? This is what I have to do to make it better? It won't hurt too bad I promise," he begged, pain filling his eyes. I sighed and reluctantly nodded.

        "Thank you sweetheart," he kissed my hand, "Can you lay down here for me?" I did as he asked and he set to work. He lifted up my sweatshirt and inhaled sharply at the various cuts and bruises the littered my abdomen.

        "The bruises will be gone in a day or two, there's not much I can do about those." his brow furrowed as he looked at my cuts, "I can only clean these, but some of them are really deep. Jesus, I can't believe this. Look at you! I'll probably have to call the pack doctor to have him close these," He muttered.

        I stiffened and he looked at me. I hate the doctors. I hate needles. I hate hospitals. I hate pain. No thank you.

        "You don't like the doctor do you?" he asked smirking, I shook my head fervently. "It's okay, I'll be there the whole time." He replied as he dabbed some antisceptic on one of my cuts. I hissed in pain and he looked at me apologetically. He continued up and down my body, occasionally growling at my injuries. When he finished, he closed up the first aid kit and threw everything else, in the trash can. He laid down beside me and held my  hand.

        "I think you should get some rest. We can talk some more when you wake up, I'll be right here at this desk ok?"  he murmured. I nodded and he pulled the covers over me and turned out the light. Enveloped in his warmth and in his scent, and knowing he was close by, I fell asleep alot easier than usual.