Nighty-Night

Demetria's P.O.V.

"Renegade! Move!" Jason lunges at me, throwing me to the ground as bullets fire at us.

Getting up quickly, we jump off of the abandoned building and swing over to the group, dodging bullets in the process. Swinging towards them, I watch as Joker turns around and runs towards one of the green boxes, laughing. He pulls out a huge rocket launcher and aims it at me. As he shoots the missile, causing him to falter back, I release my grappling hook and roll onto the ground. Crouching upright, I pull out Batarangs and aim them at the thugs around me and charge at Joker.

"Renegade! Don't!" 

I pull out my sword and swing at him, only for it to be blocked by a crowbar. Jumping back, I charge at him again, but this time, I jump over him, placing explosives on his back. The explosives explode, and I take this chance to kick him, making him fly towards Jason. Joker falls near Jason as Jason fights his own battle. Joker slowly gets up, laughing maniacally. He swings side to side as he gets up, his eyes wide-eyed, full of blood-thirst. "Now that wasn't nice."

I ready myself for an attack. Joker runs towards me laughing like a maniac, raising his crowbar into the air. He swings down and I move to the side, dodging his attack. As I dodge, I take this opportunity and punch him the stomach, causing him to hunch in pain. I grab his tux and knee him in the face. I release him, making him fall onto his back, his blood spilling from his nose and mouth. He lays flat on the ground, knocked out. 

That was too easy. "Biggest threat in Gotham, huh?" I say, kicking the bottom of his shoe. "You're not even worthy to be Batman's number one enemy."

As I slide my sword back into its sheath, pain shoots through my leg. I fall backward, yelping in pain. Looking down at my leg, I find Joker's crowbar in my leg. He had hit my bullet wound, embedding the crowbar into the wound. I push myself off of the floor, only for me to get thrown back down. A heavy-weight pushes me down from my chest. Looking up, Joker's on top of me with his foot on my chest, his face showing a cynical smile.

"I don't know where Batsy found you," he says pressing his foot into my chest, making me groan, "but it's obvious he hasn't taught you any manners yet." As his foot puts pressure on my body, he reaches over to my leg and pulls out the crowbar. I scream in pain, feeling the blood running down my leg and creating a puddle under me.

"Don't worry," he says menacingly, lifting his bloody crowbar in the air. "Uncle J will teach you some."

I gasp, watching the crowbar speeding towards my face. He smashed the crowbar into my face. Left. Right. Right. Left. Straight. So on and so on. Each one, harder than the last. Just then, he stops. I can feel blood running down my face.

Joker looks back to where Jason and calls him out. "Are you watching Birdie #2? You get to see me do it again, but this time," he grabs me by my collar and lifts me into the air, "it will be the new Boy Blunder." He laughs shaking me around. As he shakes me around, the hood over my face falls. Joker looks at me in confusion. "Since when did the Boy Blunder become a Girl Blunder?" He pulls me closer to his face and shrugs. "Oh well, it's all the same anyway."

"No!" Jason yells, fighting off all of the thugs that began to topple onto him. 

Joker reels back his crowbar and swings. Using the strength I have left, I block his swing my grabbing that arm and twisting it. As that arm is preoccupied, I take my other arm and twist his other arm, making him release me and the crowbar, while in pain. Falling onto the ground, I sweep his feet, ignoring the new burning sensation in my leg and face. I walk over to the fallen Joker and pull out my sword, putting it up against his neck.