Chapter Thirty: Chloe Cooties

────────────────────────────
-'ˏ Margo's Pov ˎ'-

╭                                        ╮
San Diego, Cali
Sunday , 3:18 p.m
╰                                        ╯

────────────────────────────

Billy led me inside and flicked on a light switch before removing his hand. I was greeted with a small but cozy apartment space. The floor plan was completely open and a small countertop separated the kitchen from the living room. The walls were painted white and the floors were made out of light wood paneling. I gasped as I looked around. Stepping further inside I peeked down a hallway to reveal a simple room and bathroom. Even a balcony at the very end.

"Ours?" I questioned him.

He nodded and tossed a house key at me. I caught it and gave the place another look. A smile broke out across my face as I squealed. I ran at Billy and jumped on him. He caught me as we laughed.

"Holy shit! Holy! Shit! You're joking right?" I asked breathlessly.

"I'm not joking."

"We have to start unpacking right this instant."

────────────────────────────

I watched Billy drag in more boxes as I hung clothes up in the closet. He had left his own clothes box for me to unpack and in exchange he offered to do the heavy lifting later when we acquired some furniture. I placed my shirts on one side of the closet and Billy's on the other. But as I was hanging up the last of Billy's stuff I had decided to sneakily put my favorite shirt of his on my side. In the middle of doing so Billy had rounded the corner causing me to jump.

"Yes?" I said startled.

"I was thinking we should probably buy like a bed before the stores close and everyth- why do you look so guilty?"

My mouth opened and closed as I thought of an excuse. He chuckled as he looked at his shirt that was clearly not on the correct side.

"I don't know why you did all that. It's not like I'll steal your clothes and we already know you'll steal mine. Should've just thrown them in there." He said with a shrug.

"Okay so furniture shopping." I said clasping my hands together while ignoring his earlier statement.

────────────────────────────

"Cut it out." I told Billy as his hand slipped lower down my body than was publicly appropriate.

He playfully rolled his eyes before grabbing my hand as we looked at furniture.

I pointed towards a bed and Billy frowned at it. It was the third he already decided he didn't like just from looking at it. I was trying not to get frustrated with him so I walked over to a bigger bed and pointed at it. Billy followed but instead of frowning at it. He walked up and began shaking the headboard. I looked at him like he was crazy as he turned to the bed next to it and did the same thing. I stared at him like he had lost his marbles before he turned around and said "making sure it doesn't make a whole lot of noise".

I opened my mouth to argue with him about how stupid that was before I got what he was referring to and blushed a bright shade of red.

"Oh my god." I said walking away from him.