Chapter 7

Elijah's POV

It's only been two months since everyone discovered their sub genders and everything has changed.

Well, Atlantis and Milo would say that I'm exaggerating but it's true. Friends who were super close are now avoiding each other, most likely because they had different sub genders. Meanwhile, those with the same sub genders who never talked to each other before are now joined at the hip. Although, there are people like me and my friends who don't care and continue on with their lives. Even practice has been affected with everyone on the team looking down on me, but not being able to say anything since I'm a good player.

And to top it all off Gray thinks he's too high and mighty now to see me as an equal anymore. I will admit that I'm not happy about the way I submitted to his alpha voice a few weeks ago but I couldn't help it! My body reacted before I could tell it to stop, like it had a mind of its own. I HATE that I was so shaken up by it. Atlantis nearly went to go break his nose when I told her what happened but, I was able to calm her down. The last thing I need right now is someone else fighting my battles.

On the bright side, I no longer have to deal with him causing fights and getting me in trouble.

Right now, Atlantis, Milo, and I are enjoying lunch in the courtyard. "So, your wolf started talking to you BEFORE your results were given?!" Milo says, munching on a PB&J.

"Yep, I told you guys that I had a feeling that I was a delta. She just happened to be that feeling," Atlantis says. Apparently, she has a reddish/orange wolf named Autumn that awoke after the physical exam we did. Atlantis learned that she was a delta from her first.

"And you didn't tell us this why?" I say.

"I didn't want you guys to be jealous that I knew what I was before the results," she says with a nervous smile. Before I can argue with her about this someone from the basketball team jogs up to us.

"Hey coach needs to speak with all of us by the gym right now," he says.

"But the bell is about to ring. Will he be giving out late passes?" I ask.

"I don't know, maybe, but if I were you I wouldn't risk going against him."

"Alright I'm coming. I'll see you guys later," I say. Milo says bye but Atlantis gives me a skeptical look. She moves her hands a little before waving goodbye. The team mate and I leave for the gym and I think back to what Atlantis just did. A while ago the three of us wanted to learn a non-verbal way to signal each other for help or warn each other. So, we searched up a ton of stuff on sign language and memorized a few. Atlantis, just now, did the sign for "DANGER". But why would she do that? Did she smell something we didn't or did her wolf tell her something? Either way her hunches are usually right so I'll keep my guard up just in case.

We round a few corners and arrive at the back entrance of the gym. I see a few dudes from the team there but with them are a couple of alphas from around school waiting, and no coach. Shit, well this isn't going to be fun. The team member who brought me here has somehow disappeared and I'm about to take off running when someone shoves me from behind. I whirl around and low and behold it's Luke with a disgusting looking smirk on his ugly ass face. "I'm glad you could make it to the meeting Eli. Coach will be here in a minute so why don't we chat for a bit," he says.

In my peripheral version I can see the other guys slowly circle around us. "Cut the bullshit Luke, I know why you brought me here. But I can tell you right now that you won't get out of this without a few broken bones," I growl, scanning the area for a way out.

"It's about time you were taught a lesson about knowing your place Eli. My friends here just want to help me out."

"Oh please, you knew that you couldn't take me on your own so you hired a bunch of lackeys to do your dirty work. Some alpha you are, needing others to protect you like a bitch. Tell you what, I'll let you all go free if you apologies right now for wasting my time."