fifty seven

{one night left}

It was safe to say Taehyung was surprised when he picked up on the peculiar scent of baked goods, the aroma bringing a hunger to him that he wasn't aware of earlier... or perhaps it was new.
So slowly, he let his feet carry him down the hallway, bringing his arms up as he began to shiver. 

It was odd for Jungkook to be baking so late at night, but he sure as hell wasn't going to complain, ultimately rounding the corner and entering the kitchen with a raised brow. 

Standing sluggishly over the kitchen countertop was Jungkook, the male's doe eyes lidded with sleep as he pulled out a tray of freshly baked cookies. His hair sat in a dishevelled state, the male running a hand through it only to tousle and tangle it more as the tuffs poked out in all different directions. 

Taehyung had to stifle a laugh as he tip-toed into the kitchen, peering over the male's shoulder. His eyes immediately focused in on the cookies, uneven shapes dotted with chocolate chips. The surface was crackled and dry, but the middle sunk softly... and Taehyung found his lips creeping upwards at the sight. 
The cookies were calling. 

It seemed Jungkook in his drunken state of sleep had finally taken notice of the hungry male, turning to face Taehyung with a blank stare. This was enough to send Taehyung taking a few steps back, raising a brow, "What are you celebrating so late at night?"

"The end of my sleep schedule." Jungkook groaned, moving aside before gesturing to the tray, "Want a cookie?"

A smirk worked its way over Taehyung's expression as the male reached towards the baked goods, "Don't mind if I do~" he sung, flinching a little as he took one of the hot cookies in-between his fingertips. 

He juggled it a little before bringing it to his lips, taking a small bite. A satisfactory crunch lingered by his ears as it entered his mouth, only to crumble and melt on the inside, so deliciously that his taste buds tingled, "Holy shit!" He exclaimed, tossing the rest of the cookie into his mouth, "This is legendary!"

It seemed Taehyung's bright mood was enough to help Jungkook slip out of his daze, the younger male supporting a smile on his lips as he too reached forwards, tossing a cookie into his mouth with ease. 

The pair fell into a moment of silence before Taehyung's brows furrowed, the male leaning himself up against the kitchen bench, "Seriously though Kook... why aren't you resting up?"

The brunette let out a drastic sigh, ruffling a hand through his hair once more before folding his arms over his chest, "I'm too stressed," he muttered, rocking back on his heels, "I can't sleep at all... not one bit."

Pursing his lips, Taehyung reached for another cookie, "You were in bed for less then an hour." he deadpanned, earning an eye roll from Jungkook, 

"Trust you to know that."

Taehyung shrugged, finishing off his cookie before reaching forwards. It was safe to say Jungkook was completely caught off guard when Taehyung gently took his hand into his own, wordlessly guiding Jungkook away from the kitchen, down the hall and back into the bedroom. 

The soft light of the moon shone through the slightly opened blinds, casting it's silvery glow over the room. The shadows were long, the room dark, but Taehyung was able to guide Jungkook with ease. 

He paused at the foot of the bed, dropping Jungkook's hand before making his way around to the side of the mattress, heaving a sigh before letting his back fall against it. His head hit the pillow, blue hair sprawling out over the fabric as he casted his gaze to the ceiling... and just as he hoped... the sound of footsteps followed.