Flight

I fled. As unlikely as it was for me, I had ran away from Jungkook without giving him an answer. I didn't have one to begin with. Jungkook had given me time. He had told me to do my research before deciding if I liked him or not. And I haven't yet figured it out. I have some of the "symptoms" of being in love but then I lack other.

My heart beat accelerates every time I see Jungkook. My stomach gets ticklish every time he touches me. But then I don't feel any sparks. His touch is always soft and soothing. It never electrocutes me. Now what does that conclude? Does that mean that we lack the necessary intimacy?

I always look forward to seeing Jungkook. I like to spend as much time with him as possible. But then I also look forward to seeing Martha from the book store, her pet fish bobo and our lift man Jang. They're all good people. So how is Jungkook any different from them?

I find him physically attractive. Well that's a given. It would be hard for anyone to not find him attractive unless he's persistently straight. But I also find Ji Chang Wook, Bogum and Lee Minho attractive too. I'm positive that's mostly cause I'm gay so it's pretty biological for my hormones to act that way. So I'm left with a question again. How do I know that my hormones are more reactive towards Jungkook than anyone else?

I had so many questions, I didn't have answers to. I don't know who to speak with to get those answers. If internet failed me, then is there anything else that could help me anymore? Thinking hard about it, a face starts fogging my mind. I do have an ex-friend Jimin who I haven't talked to im since many months. His last words to me I remember were, "I officially break all my ties with you. We are no longer friends." I did understand the 'no longer friends' part but I didn't see what he meant by breaking all ties with me. There was nothing that tied us literally. After all there is no legal contract between two friends. At least we didn't sign one. Figuratively, yes. It's him who gets to decide if he wants to figuratively break ties with me or not. And he very clearly did.

But in this time of crisis I really wanted his help. Despite of being a very impassionate person, Jimin possessed great skills in gauging human emotions. Everytime we would sit in the cafeteria together, Jimin would spend the entire time passing his observations on our college mates' lives. Generally people call that gossiping behind other's back but Jimin claimed otherwise. I am affirmative that Jimin would have some observations on my situation too but I will only be able to find that out if he talks to me. It has been a month since Jimin had contacted me any way, so clearly it would have to be me who makes the first attempt. As much as I despise the idea of taking on phone I have to call him if I want to meet with him in person.

After spending some minutes on just staring at my phone screen, I take a deep breath as I search through my contacts for Jimin's number and finally call him. The bell rings thrice before he answers.

"Hello who's this?" Jimin asked from the other.

"Hello, Jimin? Jimin, I'm Taehyung. Kim Taehyung. Your ex, ex-friend." I answered.

"Oh so it's you. Well I didn't know cause I obviously deleted your number cause I wanted to have no more contact with you." Jimin said with an altering change in his pitch as he particularly put emphasis on the words 'obviously' and 'no more'.

"You don't use two, two because in the same sentence Jimin. That's incorrect." I counseled.

"Yeah? Well I don't care if my grammar sucks cause I'm not running for the spell bee. Is this what you're calling me for? To judge how bad my English is?" Jimin asked.

"They don't judge your grammar in spell bee. No they don't. It is, it is quite literal you see. Spell bee, spell. So they.."

"I don't care Taehyung. Get to the point, why did you call me?" Jimin has never been a patient person. This was very evident with his speech. He always spoke so hastily that it was often hard to understand him.

"I need your help Jimin. I really need your help." I said getting right to point, exactly what Jimin asked me.

"So did I when I asked you to cover up for me. Did you help me then Taehyung?" Jimin asked.

"You didn't ask for my help. No you didn't. You expected me to lie for you. That I couldn't have. No one should. Lying is bad." I answered remembering the incident. Jimin I always used to stick together in college. Mostly it was him clinging to me, but even I had grown used to it. One day Jimin hadn't come to the cafeteria to eat lunch with me. I had called him several times but he didn't answer my phone. So decided to look for him. After searching around for a while I finally found him in the music room with some other guys. They were all smoking cigarettes. Jimin was holding one too but he hasn't lit it. Once he saw me he had immediately thrown away the cigarette as he ran up to me. As soon as he caught up to me, the dean of our college had approached us too. He was furious when he saw the guys smoking, and soon his gaze fell upon us. Since I was a bright student he knew me very well. He asked me and Jimin what we were doing there and if we were smoking with them too. Jimin was quick to answer as he immediately denied such accusations, while stating that he could ask me if he didn't believe him. The Dean did exactly that as he asked me what I saw. So I told him the exact truth. While I clarified that Jimin actually wasn't smoking I also acknowledged that he infact lied when he said that he had nothing to do with the group. Jimin was left off the hook with just a detention, but that didn't stop him from holding a grudge against me. He stated that I betrayed him and so he broke all ties with me.

It has been months since that incident. We graduated, I found a job but he still hasn't forgiven me. Practically I should apologize to him in order for him to forgive me but I still don't see how it was fault when I did nothing but speak truth.

"Fine you can't lie but you can't even say sorry? Is it so difficult?" Jimin said.

"I'm sorry if I hurt, if I hurt your feelings. But I'm not sorry, no I'm not sorry for speaking the truth." I apologised.

"That's, that's all I ever wanted to hear Taehyung. I didn't care if you had lied for me or not. All I wanted to know was that you cared. That you care about my feelings. That I wasn't the only one who was invested in our friendship. Why did it take so long for you realize this?" I could hear some sniffing sounds as a realise that he was crying.

"Are you, are you crying? Oh no no why are you crying? Don't cry. Please don't cry. Don't cry Jimin. Crying is bad very bad. No don't cry." I requested desperately.

"Yes yes I won't. Gosh I missed you. I missed you so much and this adorable repeated speech of yours." Jimin confessed as he assured me that he had stopped crying.

"I missed you too. I did." I confess as I giggle in embarrassment.

"Of course you did. Well anyway, now tell me what you needed my help with?" Jimin asked.

"It will take time to talk. A lot of time. I don't like talking on phone. It's harmful. It'll will give me a headache. I will meet you. Yes, let's meet." I said.

"Most definitely. I would love to meet you. Let's meet up tomorrow. I'll come to your place since I know you won't be comfortable at mine. Text me the time. Cool?" I was already smiling at the aspect of getting to meet him. It had been a long time and I actually missed him very much.

"Okay. I will meet you in the evening. We'll meet in the evening tomorrow. Okay bye." I said as I hung up just after I heard him say "goodbye". I was relieved that I will have someone's help to help me figure out my feelings. I will finally be able to give Jungkook an answer. Satisfied that I now had the "figuring out my feelings" issue sorted I decided to do some research on what people did when one person courted the other. Almost all the articles online made me blush profusely as I imagined doing all that when Jungkook. Liking him or not, I was highly tempted to say yes.

_________________

What do I call this? A filler chapter? Well I promise it will be all about Vkook in the next chapter. Be patient.