Han Suyin - 3.10

The man shook as tried to bow to greet Han Suyin. The girl standing beside him quickly stopped him from going down to his knees. She glared at Han Suyin as if she was the villain. The girl didn't know why her father reacted so much to the woman standing in front of them.

"Miss Han, how..." The man trailed off, bewildered.

"I survived by a slight advantage, and now I'm back, capable enough to be the leader of my father's pride and joy." Han Suyin could tell what he wanted to ask and answered for him.

She started walking further into the land and saw a bigger sized hut compared to the others. Han Suyin narrowed her eyes and went back into her memories to see who was keeping things under control here. It was a man named Fu Guan. He was one of General Han's closest friends and his Second in Command at this base before he died, which made him the current leader.

Han Suyin walked towards the hut and was about to go in when the girl ran up to her.

"Who do you think you are?! How dare you enter here and act as if you own the place! Wait till Uncle Fu hears about this!" She yelled at Han Suyin.

Under Han Suyin's calm gaze, the girl quietened down, but still glared at her, not giving up. Looking at the girl's brave spirit, Han Suyin laughed. The girl turned red and started to yell at her again.

"Don't think that anyone will listen to you over here, just go back to the Capital and look pretty for the nobles, you don't own anyone here!"

"Well, little girl," Han Suyin bent down to her height. "I actually do own this place, but you're right, I don't own the people, nor do I want to. I'm just here for a visit."

"How do you own this place! One of the greatest men in all of Jiu did, General Han!" The girl said, when she mentioned General Han, her eyes brightened, like she was talking about her idol.

"Who do you think I'm the daughter of? Think back to what your father said a few moments ago." After Han Suyin spoke, she left the girl who was processing what she said and walked into the hut.

As soon as she stepped in, a dagger came for her head.

What is it with these people trying to aim for my head today?

Lightly side-stepping, Han Suyin dodged the dagger. She saw how far it went into the wall and whistled. Since she was looking at the wall, Fu Guan didn't get to see the face of the person who walked into the hut.

"What is your reason for coming here? How did you know how to enter this base?" He questioned.

"Not the welcome I expected, Uncle Fu. Is that what they call you around here now?" Han Suyin turned around, cocking her scared eyebrow up. She assessed Fu Guan's appearance. He too, was a middle-aged man like Commander Bai with some similar traits like a rugged and tough appearance and a well-maintained beard.

When Fu Guan saw Han Suyin, his eyes widened. Since she looked quite different the last time he saw her, Fu Guan wasn't able to immediately recognize her. But when she looked at him, he knew it was her. General Han and Han Suyin had many similarities if one knew both of them really well.

"Young Lady Han, this humble one asks for forgiveness for their rude behavior." Fu Guan looked down as he bowed slightly.

"Quit the act old man. You never bothered with formalities before, why are you pretending to do it now?" Han Suyin said as she pulled a chair and sat down lazily.

Fu Guan looked back up and laughed, his previous attitude vanished.

"Just making sure you weren't an imposter." He said as he too, pulled out a chair for himself.