Bonds(Older Brother!RuiXLittle Sister!Reader

(Reader P.O.V)

'Nii-san! I must find Nii-san! I need to see if he is alright. I need to get to him before they do.', I thought to myself, as I ran through the woods, searching for Rui, my white hair waving in the wind.

Even though I should be scared of him, I couldn't. Because he had saved me from a bad life, and took me in. Even though he hurt me and was emotionless towards me, he took care of me, and made sure I didn't upset him in any way, or say his name. I genuinely love him as my older brother, and would do whatever it took to keep him safe.

I finally spotted him standing in a clearing, and ran to him.

"Nii-san! There are Demon Slayers approaching! We have to find mama! She can hel-", I was cut off by Rui scratching my face with his nails, and a searing pain, making me cry out and grab my face gingerly.

"She is dead, and was useless. Unless you wish to meet the same fate as her at my hands, I suggest you kill the Demon Slayers before they get any further.", he said coldly, giving me his usual emotionless glare.

I looked up with tears in my eyes,my vision a little blurred, but I still saw a bergundy haired boy behind him, my eyes widened.

"Nii-san! Look out!", I yelled, using my strength to push him out of the way, right as the boy's blade slashed my head off.

My body fell sideways and my head rolled to a stop next to my neck.

"Nii-san. I'm sorry I wasn't useful. But. As long as my older brother is ok, I can die in peace. I'm sorry, nii-san.", I whispered, with tears falling from your eyes, before I finally faded away.

(3rd P.O.V)

Rui stared at where your body has been, with widened eyes, his mouth parted a bit from shock.

"What a remarkable display of a younger sibling's love for their older sibling. No one has ever showed me that.", he said, before turning to Tanjiro, his eyes narrowing.

"Unluckily for you, she happened to be my favorite 'family' member. I now have to take your sibling's life in exchange for her's.", Rui said, before doing his thread attacks against Tanjiro.

As he did his final attack, he felt his head sever from his body, and land on the ground with a thump.

'I didn't do that, I was careless. I wasn't strong enough. To protect her. I failed my role as an older brother protecting his little sister.',

Rui thought to himself, his eyes landing on the spot where your body was.

"I'm sorry, (Y/N). Your older brother is very sorry for not protecting you.", he whispered, before fading.

Tanjiro stared, with sadness in his eyes as he heard Rui's last words.

'He really did love his sister. I probably would have done the same thing if it was Nezuko.', Tanjiro thought to himself, before putting his hands together to pray for both you and Rui.

In the end, you and Rui did have a bond.

A strong bond shared between siblings.