forty nine

Hogsmeade

"Harry, are you done?", Draco asked, unsure if he could turn around just yet. The clothes Aberforth had prepared for him was casual and it was easy for him to move around.

"Almost. Give me 10 seconds,", Harry answered as he dragged his last word until he was finished. "Alright, I'm done."

The pair turned around at the same time to face each other. Harry's face immediately went red from seeing Draco's casual outfit, it suited him perfectly.

Draco looked at Harry and smiled, "It's perfect on you."

"Thank you,", Harry hung his head in hopes that Draco couldn't see his face. "You look really good too."

For a second, Draco felt like teasing Harry, but decided against it. Instead he answered with a simple 'Thanks'

Looking at their clothes, they would't have any trouble blending in... Except for Draco's hair. Harry stared at it, wondering what they could do about it.

"What are you staring at?", Draco asked.

Harry gestured to his hair.

"Oh, that's easy.", Draco took his wand, closed his eyes and he waved his wand.

By the time he reopened his eyes, his hair had turned from his usual sliver blond to dark brown.

Harry looked confused, "How-"

"We're wizards, Harry!", Draco smiled as he grabbed Harry's hand and started walking out of the back door of Hog's Head.

Harry whined jokingly, "You know that's not what I meant!"

Draco nonchalantly ignored Harry's words. He dragged Harry to the Three Broomsticks.

They found a place and ordered two mugs of Butterbeer. "It's been so long since I had so much freedom in Hogsmeade!", Draco stretched in his chair.

Their butterbeers arrived in no time. "Thanks!", Draco grinned as he called out.

Harry didn't think this through, he didn't think that they would end up in a pub with two butterbeers. He thought that Draco would be the kind who liked sitting in solitary, away from people.

After gulping down one mug, Draco wiped his foamy moustache and called for another butterbeer.

"You're going to get drunk soon, Draco.", Harry cautioned as he sipped on his.

"It's alright, I won't get drunk so easily. I've trained my tolerance.", Draco watched as his second mug was on the way over to the table.

"Beside that, how did you know how the spell to change your hair colour?", Harry looked at him, curious.

Draco gave a familiar mischievous grin that Harry had seen a million times before throughout the past 8 years, "There was nothing to do in the Malfoy Manor. So I used to sneak out all the time."

Harry laughed, "You don't seem like the type to sneak out."

"Hey!", Draco pouted. "What do you mean I don't seem like it? I've done a lot of stuff, okay?"

Harry tried to suppress his laughter, "Sure, sure."