4.

" I can tolerate anything, just don't put your hands on me, and right now me ignoring you wasn't enough for your pea-sized brain to understand that I don't want to talk to you. You don't live here, you were supposed to be gone in the night the way you came you skank ass bitch." The multiple slaps on his face made him red and puffy.

I punched his abdomen and he fell to his knees. The backhand slap had him falling to the floor. I may be short but I was nowhere near weak. Being in a mafia for 5 years toughens you up physically from my standpoint. "Get up!!" He was holding his cheek. I kicked him again. "Get up!" It felt good having a way to output this frustration.
Nolan now stood close by, he never intervened when I did this to other plus ones.

"Get his clothes and the rest of his stuff." Nolan comes back with a jacket and pants. Hughs watch drops from the jacket. I would know his watches from anywhere, I've lived with the man for almost 9 years. I presumed the man I had just beat up had taken it.

Nolan picked it up and shook his head. "Show him to the door." I kicked him as he stumbled to the door, being dragged by Nolan as well. The guard comes back and holds out the watch. "You can tell him yourself Nolan, he's your boss isn't he." I fixed my curls and walked to the kitchen. The kitchen was fairly clean. I made breakfast for two but I knew eating it with him would only cause me more heartache so I picked up the Tupperware and packed my food to go. I wouldn't be able to buy any on the way without inviting trouble.

Everything was set and I went upstairs to get my bag before Hugh came down. The shower was not running I assumed he was still finishing up as I made a beeline for the door.

"Mel where do you think you're going without eating breakfast? And who is driving you to the office without my knowledge?" Shit, he was ready and I was about to get someone fired again.

"Nolan could you please greet Mr. Lamont on my behalf, also tell him I ate and I was going to drive myself to work." It was stupid lying but I couldn't let someone lose their job. "Stop it already Mel and don't lie to me I know where your license is and it's not on you." That's why I couldn't find it. He had my license.

I didn't reply I only looked at him with a stoic face. I really wasn't going to talk to him and if Nolan was going to do it for me then okay. "We have a gala attendance tonight at 7 p.m., it's at the Markol mansion. Don't be late and yes you're going, your suit has already been picked out since you won't talk to me." He was clearly showing his annoyance about my behavior when he finished that statement.

If I went to the gala everyone would glare daggers at me or I pretend to be sick so that I wouldn't go, that would result in getting a doctor who would confirm nothing was wrong with me and then I would have more challenges. I really did not want that.

I turned to leave as Nolan stood in front of me, I knew Hugh had told him to. "Wait for me we always go together." I just wanted to be away from him, why was it so hard for him to understand that I didn't want to be in his company, I just wanted freedom, to run away and be free, to have friends and love, why did he force his will on me like this.

"Before you were my best friend Mel, you were mine, sold to me by your father, so I can easily order you to do anything I want, don't force me to do that." Cold and devoid of any emotion he stood there looking slightly down at me caressing my cheek. I didn't feel love from the act it was clear domination of my own will, and I couldn't do anything no matter how much I tried to resist I loved this man and it hurt loving him. I crumbled inside yet again from what we could never have.

Nolan stepped out of my way, immediately I walked out of the penthouse going down to the garage. I knew he was behind me, I always knew. The car ride was hard to endure as Hugh had made it his personal mission to invade my own space until I talked to him.

Little by little I knew I was breaking, I wanted to tell him to stop that he had won, but another part of me told me to endure, succumbing to Hugh like this was what made me weak at the slightest hint of affection from him and I didn't want to be that weak.

"M-M-Morning Mr. Lamont, Morning Mr. DeLain." All the employees were scampering away to avoid us, specifically Hugh. I was used to it by now. I simply ignored it and walked to my office. Today was going to be a shitty day I could feel it.

"How I'm so glad you haven't gotten anyone fired yet."

"Very funny Justin, and what are you doing here? It's lunchtime."

"I was checking up on my best friend and I wanted to eat lunch with you today, I know you had to endure the loveless Latina Hermes, He's on a business meeting at some restaurant I checked." I couldn't help but laugh as he dramatically described Hugh. I was glad he chose to be careful and check if our boss was not here. Justin always knew how to make me feel better.

"Thank you, I really needed the company, I have to endure him more later on." I sigh leaning more into the comfort of my chair.

"Wait don't tell me you're going to that gala, it's always filled to the brim with whores trying to get lucky with Hugh, are you sure you wanna go?" Honestly, I wasn't but if I refused Hugh would be hard to deal with and I didn't want that.

"I don't want to go but remember the last time I refused, those were not fun times." Hugh had made sure I was the belt to his pants, wherever he was I would be there for a month.

"Yeah that sucked and it ruined a month of our lives." His brows were strung high almost in his hair as he expressed no concern at all about my own situation.

"Your lives?" I quirk my own brow.

"Your life too hey." I could never win with Justin. We finish the Lo Mein and he goes back to his own floor. The next few hours Hugh did not make his presence known in my office but I knew he would eventually.

" Let's go, we have to get ready." He stood by my door looking exquisite as he always did no matter how tired he was, he always looked like the perfect gentleman, yet I knew my nightmare within the suit.

---------------------------------------------------------------

LMJ