13. NOTHING HAPPENED

| CHAPTER THIRTEEN |

NOTHING HAPPENED.

"SO, ARE YOU GOING TO tell me why you weren't in bed this morning, then I found you red-faced running around the school?"

Cassiopeia felt her cheeks flush as the question. She kept her eyes down on Buddy, her fingers dancing across his dark fur, "I don't know what you're on about, Liv," The black haired girl finally answered.

Olivia scoffed, she slammed her book closed and moved closer to Cass on the window sill, her arm was grazing across Cass' knees.

"Cassiopeia," The blonde said in a firm tone.

"Olivia," Cass mocked, finally looking up. However, instead of letting her gaze stay on her best friend, her piercing blue eyes noticed movement behind Liv, her eyes widening as soon as they connected with the boy standing at the end of the hallway.

Olivia momentarily seemed confused, she let her baby blue eyes follow Cass', gasping in shock when she spotted Remus Lupin waving awkwardly at the black haired girl before he turned around and practically sprinted the other way.

"No fucking way," Liv muttered under her breath, turning back around to her best friend, her eyes almost bulging out of her head, "No fucking way!"

It was now Cassiopeia's turn to look confused, "What?" She asked, earning an amused laugh in reply, "What, Liv?" She interrogated, letting her legs fall down to the ground as she kept a hold on Buddy, making sure he didn't fall. 

"You didn't!"

"I didn't what? Liv, just tell me."

"You," Liv pointed at the black haired girl, "And Remus..." She let her thumb point behind her to where Remus was standing merely a minute earlier.

Cassiopeia still looked confused which caused Liv to reply the three words and then it finally clicked in her head. Her cheeks flushed as she began shaking her head, "No, no, no."

Olivia's loud laughter echoed throughout the hallways, causing some students to glance their way, "You dirty girl!"

"Liv!" Cass scolded when a group of Ravenclaw girls walked past them, "We didn't--Nothing happened, okay?"

The seriousness in Cass' voice caused the blonde to stop laughing, "What?"

"Nothing happened, Liv," Cassiopeia sighed.

"Then what was that exchange about?" The blonde interrogated, "Something definitely happened between you two."

Cassiopeia bit her lip nervously as her thoughts suddenly swarmed with Remus. The feeling that she got when he wrapped his arms around her. The comforting sound of his heart beat lulling her to sleep. The smell of mint and chocolate that lingered around him. 

Her eyes suddenly widened. Liv just sat there, looking completely perplexed at her best friend. The black haired girl finally let her eyes fall back on Liv, a sheepish grin spread across her face, "I'm going to need your help with something."