Chapter 15 The True Vampire Part 2

{Bandit's Hideout}

The whole area was quiet, nothing disturbed the peace. However, among the mountains there was a terrible whine that was heard from miles away. This whine came from the abandoned mines that were taken over by bandits. And the person who was whining like that was Shalltear in her true form.

Brain was running through the corridors, fear of being caught by pissed vampire speeding him up. His goal was to reach the main chamber where the camp was located. If he could get there, he would be safe. Shalltear would be slowed down by his subordinates when he sneaks out by the secret passage.

When he finally arrived, he saw the makeshift barricade made by the bandits, and with one leap he jumped over it heading directly to his chamber where the passage is. Bandits looked at him confused.

Bandit 1: What happened? 

Bandit Captain: It can't be! 

The captain looked back into the dark corridor from which Brain had run out, and what he saw terrified him. A monster born of darkness and fear of people. A large leech with long arms and legs, silver and long hair with a tongue that was able to cut a man in half.

 A large leech with long arms and legs, silver and long hair with a tongue that was able to cut a man in half

He knew that they didn't have a chance of survival, but if he they did he and his people would reach for it. Their only chance was to pin her down with bolts and arrows and run away or they could attack her with the chance of winning. However, the captain knew that his people had no chance in the fight against this monster. Even Brain fled her after losing the fight.

Shalltear looked around the cave, looking for a certain person.

VF Shalltear: Are you playing hide and seek?! BRAINNNN!!

Bandit Captain: Shoot her down!

Taking advantage of her inattention, Captain gave the order to shoot, but Shalltear was faster than bolts and arrows. She jumped over them and those who reached her bounced away without doing any damage.

Thanks to her jump, Shalltear reached the captain, bit his neck and sucked all the blood, killing him on the spot and leaving only the dried-up corpse. The bandits, seeing the death of their captain, quickly began to run, allowing Shalltear to kill each of them.

Shalltear looked around the chamber looking for Brain, only to find his secret passage.

VF Shalltear: A hole? An escape route?!

Before Shalltear can go on her rampage, one of her servants came to her.

Vampire: Lady Shalltear. A number of people are heading this way.

Without wasting time, Shalltear headed to the cave to meet those people.

{Outside} 

A group of adventurers from the city approached the entrance to the bandit hideout, the group consisted of six people, three warriors, two mages and one scout. They've been hired to get rid of everything in the caves, no matter if they are monsters or bandits.A group of adventurers from the city approached the entrance to the bandit hideout. They've been hired to get rid of everything in the caves, no matter if they are monsters or bandits.