Chapter 39

Chloe's Pov

You have received 1 new massage.

The vibration of my cell phone wakes me out of sleep and makes me groan.

Unknown: Wait for me!

I looked at my phone and it was a text from a unknown number. Again this fucking unknown number. Wait.. it can't be Zoey this time right? She's in the jail, she can't text me. I'm overthinking. I should just ignore the text.

I looked around and saw Leah was sleeping peacefully beside me. I tried to get up from bed, trying not to disturb her sleep but she just hold me closer. I kissed her cheeks "Good morning baby" She smiled and mumbled "Morning"

I ran my fingers through her hair and then getting up slowly.

We sat in the kitchen chatting as we were eating breakfast.

"Chloe, you remember my mom wanted to see me last time?" Leah said and I nodded. as I tipped more cereal into my bowl.

"So I decided to visit her, today"

"Thanks great" I smiled and began to eat my cereal.

"I'm done, I think I should go now" Leah said as she finished her cereal and got up from chair.

I watched Leah get her bag ready and put on her jacket.

"See ya later" Leah said and headed towards the door.

"Take care" I responded and looked down into my cereal bowl and played with my food for a second. The door slammed shut.

I finished my cereal and stumbled up and dumped the bowl into the kitchen sink and poured myself a drink of water and quickly tipped it down my throat and let out a loud sigh of refreshment.

I took a hot shower and got ready. I had planned on taking a drive. I took out from the balcony and I could mildly see Leah range rover speeding down the road. I picked up my bag and got moving.

There was nothing like a morning drive through the murky city on a rainy day.

I got in the lift and went down into the elevator, I got the button to the underground parking. The car park was dark and empty, a few cars were parked but not another soul around, I spotted my car and started walking towards it.

A hand slid around my neck.

"No!" I screamed as the hand began to strangle me. I kicked and struggled, naturally my first instinct was to fight it.

"Stay fucking still" A voice yelled. My mind couldn't register who the voice was, I barely had time to figure it out before a cloth was slipped over my mouth and the room began to darken, my eyes closed. I was in a deep sleep.

Leah's Pov

It was beginning to get dark as time flew, After visiting my mom I was driving down the street heading back home. It didn't go as bad as I thought. She's eventually happier than before. I couldn't wait to give Chloe a present I picked up for her. I sped down the street blasting my music and nodding my head to the beat of it. I pulled into the parking lot and locked my car and got out, I walked towards the elevator and spotted a strange looking stain on the floor.

I looked down at the floor in confusion for a second, the parking lot was usually spotless, this stain was completely out of nowhere. I shook my head and got into the elevator, upon arriving at the top floor I opened the door.

"Hey Chloe! Guess what I got your gonna love thi-" I yelled.

Silence.

"Chloe?" I said. It was getting late there's no way she would be out, I'd of expected her to be on the sofa eating a box of chicken nuggets and watching her favorite shows by now. I couldn't understand why she wasn't home.

I instantly grabbed my phone, I was so desperate to call her I almost dropped my phone with how fast I was moving to call her.

The phone dialed.

"Come on, Chloe please!" I said.

Chloe's Pov

I woke up to my phone vibrating in my pocket, I was in a dark room... I was tied to to a chair.

My eyes widened at who I saw in front of me.

"I'll take that" Zoey shoved her hand into my pocket and took my phone out, she stood directly in front of me holding a knife. She answered the phone and smiled at me.

"Well hello there" She said, still smiling at me and playing with the knife in the other hand. She started frowning and she held the knife right up to my throat.

"She wants to talk to you" She said in a harsh tone, she held my phone to my ear.

"H-hello?" I said.

"Chloe! Are you okay? Please tell me you're okay, where are you?" Leah flooded me with questions. Zoey shifted to knife slightly closer to my throat.

"Leah, I can't talk right now..." I shuttered.

"Chloe please, where are you!" Leah cried, I could hear the tears and her sniffing on the other end of the phone. Zoey smiled at me and pulled the phone away and spoke again.

"Leah sweetie, why don't you come and get Chloe back?" Zoey grinned.

My heart sank.

"Calm down darling, I'll tell you where to find her" She smiled and bit her lip. She left the room for a while and stayed on the phone with Leah, while she was distracted I needed to find a way to escape.