14. CHOCOLATE, NEW BOOKS AND MINT

| CHAPTER FOURTEEN |

CHOCOLATE, NEW BOOKS AND MINT.

THE FOLLOWING WEEKEND, CASSIOPEIA BLACK and Olivia Turner were sitting on the floor in the second floor girl's lavatory. A potion book was opened on the ground, right next to a brewing potion.

"Are you going to tell me now why we're doing this?" Liv questioned as she placed the last ingredients into the cauldron, both of them watched as the potion turned a cerise pink colour, "I hope you're not going to use it," She added with a nervous chuckle.

Cass shook her head, "No, I just need to smell it."

Liv felt a small smile appearing on her lips, she let her baby blue eyes fall onto her best friend, "Who is it?"

Cassiopeia sighed. She ran her hand through her dark locks, "Promise you won't tell anyone?" She held out her pinkie.

"Promise," The blonde nodded, wrapping her own pinkie around Cass'. 

The black haired girl let her hand fall back down to her lap, taking a deep breath she muttered, "Remus."

Liv strained her ears to hear, "What?" She asked, tilting her head closer to her best friend.

Cassiopeia groaned, placing her hands over her face, "Remus. I think it's Remus."

Olivia opened her mouth in shock. Her eyes watched her best friend with a happy expression. She had noticed the way the sandy-brown haired boy looked at her, the puppy dog eyes he sent her when she wasn't looking. The small smile he kept on his face whenever she was telling a funny story. 

As oblivious as Cassiopeia was, she too looked at Remus with the same smile. Her piercing blue eyes sparkling with pure adoration whenever she spotted the boy. It was painfully obvious that the pair were hiding feeling for one another, but it was also painfully clear that neither of them knew about the looks, they didn't know about the smiles. 

"You're awfully quiet," Cass grabbed back Liv's attention.

The blonde glanced back at her best friend, "I'm just happy for you," She said softly and before Cassiopeia could say anything else, Liv pushed the cauldron over to her, "Go on. What do you smell?"

Cass let out a shaky breath. She had this planned for the last few days yet now that it's time to do it, she's kind of regretting it. Nerves bubbled in her stomach as her hands suddenly became clammy. Finally, after what felt like forever, Cassiopeia closed her eyes as she leaned down, taking a whiff of the potion. 

"What do you smell?" Liv asked in a small voice, watching with curiosity.

Chocolate. That was the first thing Cass smelt. The sweet comforting smell seemed to reel her in, blanketing her in comfort. The smell of new books was next. Mint was last. A refreshing smell that made her feel more awake. The three smells combined as the image of Remus Lupin flashed through Cassiopeia's mind.

Her eyes suddenly snapped open, her pupils slightly dilated as she finally looked at her best friend, "Shit."