35 | The One With The New Beginning

08th October 2017

Kerala, India.

Madhav sat on the porch of his Kerala house that was currently under construction. The foundation had been laid and the walls were being erected. Madhav scratches his scruffy beard as he lets out a defeated sigh. He pulls out a cigarette and starts to smoke it as he looks at the evening sun. He tries to unify his mind by blurring out the sound of the drilling, hammering and the sawing that came from inside the house.

Anushya and Sivaji were looking around the enormous garden that surrounded the house. She knelt down to take pictures of the anthuriums and daffodils that were starting to emerge from soil.

Sivaji looks around the garden that was ready to bloom in a few months. He turns around and looks at Madhav. Sivaji tugs at Anu's shirt. Madhav was smoking his cigar and had a fixed look at his phone waiting.

"I don't understand our friend, Sivaji." Anu groans. "He declined her calls and now he's hoping to get a call from her. Unbelievable!"

"Ignore him, baby. The fucker is finally realizing what he has been doing." Sivaji says.

Anu looks coldly at Madhav. "I have been telling him ever since uni days to stop being adamant. You explained what can happen because of adamance too! He never listened and look what has happened! He wrecked his own marriage."

"Maddy, I don't think you'd get her call." Sivaji says walking up to him. He sits down near his friend and takes the cigarette from his hands. "It's been around four months- more or less, since she stopped calling you. If I were you, I would be worried. Maybe she has started to unlove you."

"Is that even possible?" Madhav asks looking at the evening sky, worried.

"FUCK YES!" Anu exclaims as she continues to throw a cold stare at him. "Do you expect a woman to still be in love you after you act like a fucking adamant pig head? She probably loathes you by now!"

"Anu, I am trying to make a conversation, here!" Sivaji exclaims annoyed. "We can't say that Shree no longer loves you, but it's true that she may start to lose all the love she had for you. It's not over until some says its over.  That's why you need to find her; apologize before she loves you no longer!"

"I-I-I-" Madhav stammers looking lost. "I don't know what to do, Sivaji."

Sivaji pulls out his bike keys from his pocket and keeps it beside Madhav. "Go on a little ride. There's a road through the forest by the East- quiet and with a lot of hairpin bends. The Madhav I know loves it and that's one of the few ways he gets a clear mind."

Madhav felt peaceful as he road along the bended mountain roads. Madhav was speeding; like he was soaring through the air. He sighs in relief as the feels the cold and swift wind rushing past him tugging at his cheeks and whipping past his hair.

He smiles as he feels his head lighten. As he rides through a hairpin bend, he feels two lean arms wrap around his torso. Madhav looks at the side mirror and notices a beautiful woman behind him, clinging on to him. The beautiful girl looks above Madhav's right shoulder and smiles.

Madhav's heart skips a beat as he sees Shree seated behind him.

"Chellam?" He asks unable to believe his eyes. She looked beautiful wearing a baggy white shirt and a pair of denim jeans. Her hair was loosely braided. She didn't change one bit since the last time he saw her.

"Keep going." She whispers as she rests her face on the crook of his neck. He felt his heartbeat fasten until it was beating erratically. He looks through the side mirror again and she smiles at him. Her hands go up his body as she presses her lips against his jaw.