Chapter 40

Leah's Pov

I sped to the address that Zoey had given me, I could barely stick to a speed limit I was so desperate to arrive, within 20 minutes I had arrived at the house.

I sighed before getting out of the car and stumbled over to the front door, I was nervously squeezing my arm and rubbing it. I took a deep breath before knocking on the door and taking a big step back.

The door creaked open.

"Well if it isn't my dear best friend-" Zoey was cut off.

"Where is she?" I yelled.

Zoey immediately grabbed my arm and dragged me inside.

"Get off!" I screamed, trying to pull myself away from her.

"Now now best friend, if you want to see your wife it will be way easier for us both if you stop struggling" She said.

Chloe's Pov

I sat helplessly on the chair and I could hear screaming from outside of the room, I knew it had to be Leah. I looked towards the door and a few seconds later Leah and Zoey stumbled into the room, Leah shot me a concerned look quickly and Zoey forced her into the chair next to me and tied her to it rapidly.

"Now Leah, I suggest you listen carefully" Zoey whispered. She picked up the knife off of the fireplace and continued to play with it in her left hand.

"You know you shouldn't play with knives, right?" Leah said. I turned around and looked at her in confusion, Zoey was getting angry. She held the knife right up to Leah's throat without words.

"So can I have my wife back?" Leah said, Zoey lowered the knife away from Leah's throat and put it on the fireplace.

"No" Zoey said angrily.

"But you said that if-" Leah was cut off.

"First we are going to play a game" Zoey said in a low voice.

Me and Leah looked at each other in panic and then back up at Zoey.

"What game?" I said nervously.

"Only one of you will leave" Zoey said.

"What?" I mumbled as me and Leah looked at each other confused.

"I will see who can tolerate more pain, whoever is stronger is free to go, the other stays" She said.

"YOU'RE CRAZY!" I screamed and Zoey slammed her knife into my side, I looked down, biting my bottom lip as tears flooded down my cheeks.

"Chloe! Are you alright!" Leah yelled with so much concern on her face.

"I'm fine, I'm fine" I mumbled as I sobbed and whimpered and looked at my lap with my eyes closed and the tears dropped onto my lap.

"Shut up" Zoey hissed and slapped Leah clean across the face.

"Can't you just let us go we will never bother you again we promise" Leah pleaded to her.

"No. I need Chloe near me, she's mine. She belongs to me" Zoey said stubbornly and held my cheek, I jerked my head away shaking her hand off me.

"I am not yours! I'll never be yours!!" I said and stayed facing away from her, Zoey grabbed my chin and forced me to face her.

"You're mine sweetheart and always will be" She said staring into my eyes.

"Don't touch her!" Leah hissed.