Lookalike~21

-
No, no, no, no, no
-

Chenle sluggishly stumbled from the suffocating grasps of his room, and leisurely made his way to the living room- his hair ruffled from his restless sleep, and horrible memories invading his mind

Chenle's eyes fell to the ground as he slumped into the room, his wary eyes darting over every living being that occupied the room- half expecting to see the one face he didn't want to, the one he couldn't.

Like every other day, Haechan was inhaling an Eggo on the couch, Jaemin was cooking more and more food, and Jisung's fingers were clacking away at a keyboard as he played some game- occasionally puffing his cheeks out when he missed his opponent.

His eyes were caught on a slim figure that sat tensely at the counter, her doe-like eyes locked onto whatever breakfast Jaemin had decided to make. Initially, Chenle thought he saw the black hair, dark eyes, and the fair skin of the one he so persistently tried to forget, but did a double-take and saw Rin- only Rin.

He let out a quiet sigh before letting himself fall onto the couch, his limbs devoid of any energy after bad memories and horrific dreams had filled his sleep, and Donghyuk skeptically sent him a concerned glance, but didn't mention his depressed exhaustion.

Rin felt an extreme sadness build up in her chest, and her eyes dropped to the ground, fiddling with her fingers as she felt a hollow hole open up into her heart. She was confused- the sudden wave of mental affliction seemed to come out of no where, and she felt like someone was squeezing her lungs- restricting her air. She pursed her lips together, but the feeling didn't seem hers; it was distant, as if she was merely experiencing someone else's pain- not her own.

Suddenly realizing it's cause, she whipped around on her chair, her eyes welled with both affliction and pity whilst she bit her lip subconsciously, worried, despite her wishes to eat in peace. Chenle caught her gaze, and he narrowed his eyes slightly, anticipating some form of speech as she stared at him.

"What's wrong?" She uttered quietly, and she herself felt like her heart was breaking into itty bits, which might've been the worst emotional pain she had ever felt.

Honestly, Chenle was initially surprised that she had spoken to him; he had it locked in his brain that she was terrified of him, so when those words escaped her lips, it shocked him.

Chenle's eyebrows subtly knitted together, and he hesitated before speaking- realizing how much Rin looked like her. Her concerned eyes were swarmed in emotion, so heartfelt and seemingly real, but Iseul's was always fake- always a lie. Her button nose scrunched as the increasing feeling of dreariness increased, just as her's had before Rin.

As Chenle examined their similarities, he felt his heart plummet into his stomach- as did Rin. An overwhelming sadness swept over the both of them, and Rin's eyes pooled in tears, a few of them falling down her cheeks as she tried to blink them away, but couldn't.

Whilst Chenle watched her blankly, sniffles and choked back sobs filled the air, and she desperately tried to wipe away the salty tears that ran down her face, to no avail.

Jaemin hastily ran around the counter, and he brushed her tears away with the pad of his thumb, feeling confused and overwhelmed by worry as she cried in front of him. Chenle's eyes locked on the two, and he let out a vigorous sigh as too many thoughts clouded his mind- feeling suffocated.

"What happened?" Jaemin cooed softly, and she sniffles loudly, trying to collect herself.

"C-Chenle..." She breathed, and Jaemin shot a sharp glare towards the boy.

Jaemin's irises reflected worry, but a sense of protectiveness surged through him, and Chenle rolled his eyes lazily as he met the older's gaze.

"What did you do?!" He exclaimed, but Chenle didn't respond- merely watching the scene unfold.

"N-no," Rin croaked, and Jaemin's concerned gaze fell back to her, "T-this emotion is h-his."

Jaemin's face contorted in confusion before he brought his attention back to the dreary, black-haired boy that sat languidly on the couch.

"Well then cheer up Chenle!" Jaemin ordered, and Chenle cocked a brow at the boy.

Chenle's mood didn't improve in the slightest, but he couldn't help it- not that he really cared in the first place. Haechan lightly smacked Chenle's shoulder, and Chenle's tired gaze fell to him.

"Are you okay?" Donghyuk asked, and he examined the black-haired boy's blank expression intricately.

"Spectacular," Chenle deadpanned, and Haechan's eyebrows pulled together.

"If that's what you feel like on the inside," Haechan nodded towards Rin, who was still silently sobbing, "Then I seriously don't believe you."

"Great," Chenle sighed, and Donghyuk pursed his lips together.

"Cmon man, what's up?" He continued and Chenle mentally groaned at his persistence.

"Nothing, drop it," Chenle ordered, and his gaze fell to Rin, "And it's not that bad, you don't have to cry so hard."

Rin- her breath choked by weeps that she tried to suppress- shot the boy a sharp glare, and defiantly continued to sob out his emotions.

"T-this is h-horrible, I d-don't know what y-you mean," She argued, but her voice came out a lot more vulnerable than she would of liked, "W-What the fuck h-happened?"

Chenle released a hearty sigh before tearing his eyes from her, merely staring at the ceiling as his plentiful emotions swallowed him whole.

"It's none of your concern," Chenle muttered, and her eyebrows shot up.

"I-if I'm feeling it, t-then you bet y-your ass it I-is," She sniveled, and he rolled his eyes.

"You sound a lot less intimidating when you're sobbing," Chenle pointed out, and she scoffed through her tears.

"A-and you're less I-intimidating w-w-when you r-realize h-how fucking s-sad you are," She snarked, and he sent her a sarcastic smile.

"Thanks." He mumbled, and her eyes narrowed at him.

" He mumbled, and her eyes narrowed at him