- 9 4 - REVEAL

THE FAKE MAD-EYE MOODY WALKED IN FIRST WITH A MANIC TWINKLE IN HIS EYE

THE FAKE MAD-EYE MOODY WALKED IN FIRST WITH A MANIC TWINKLE IN HIS EYE. Harry looked at Lorelei confused after the man shoved a glass into his hands to drink; Harry drank it before Lorelei could say anything. Lorelei was pushed aside by Crouch after she had tried to reach Harry, he put a silencing charm on her without the boy noticing. She glared at the man as he spoke to Harry about what happened. Not knowing anything because she was stuck in the room, she listened to Harry tell Crouch about Cedric dying, Voldemort taking his blood, and then, about the Death Eater at Hogwarts.

Lorelei felt tears leave her eyes at Cedric's death. If there was one person who deserved to live, it was Cedric. He had saved Lorelei's life in their fifth year at Hogwarts, and to have him just disappear... It was only the beginning of what was to come. She couldn't cry about this now no matter how much she wanted to.

Lorelei had enough of his words, so she pushed past Crouch to stand next to Harry. Harry was about to ask her why she was there in the first place or why she wouldn't speak when Crouch began telling Harry that he was the one who put Harry's name in the Goblet. Lorelei grabbed Harry's arm in fright when the man took out his wand as he explained how easy it was to have every person as his pawn to help Harry win the damn tournament. He spoke about killing Harry like the Dark Lord would have wanted him to.

Lorelei gripped Harry's arm tighter in fear. She had her wand, but she could not do nonverbal spells. She only managed a few easy charms, not curses or spells. She wanted to scream when Harry finally replied, "You're mad!"

"Am I?" he looked to Lorelei and then to the chest where the real Moody was kept. He grinned. "Found him, did you? I can see the marks on the chest. Made a heroic plan to escape? Black, you'll be coming with me back to the Dark Lord. Now, that He has returned, I'll be at his side! I'll return him a new era of Death Eaters starting with sorry sod Regulus's offspring." Crouch paused and smiled wickedly at Harry. "Mad, am I? We'll see who's mad. He is back, Harry Potter, you did not conquer him. Before I leave with Miss Black here, I shall conquer you-- Avada--"

It all happened at once.

Lorelei lept in front of Harry bracing herself for the curse to hit her while Harry screamed out in fear of Lorelei's life. Her eyes were shut tight as her whole body grew stiff. Then, the door was blasted open and the green jet of light from Crouch's wand died as a spell was shot at him; he had almost finished the spell to kill her.

Albus Dumbledore, Professor Snape, and Professor McGonagall all stared at the scene in horror, but the look on Dumbledore's face said it all. He was not happy, nor were his eyes twinkling as he stared at the unconscious body of Crouch. Lorelei felt the silence charm lift as the scream that was lost in her throat came out of her mouth. She felt Harry grab her and pull her into his chest as he still stared at the spot Moody would have killed Lorelei. She had jumped in front of the spell.

Harry felt his face pale. She would've died for him.

As McGonagall tried to remove Lorelei and Harry from the situation, Dumbledore told her to leave them with a speech of understanding and acceptance. Lorelei removed herself from Harry and pointed at the chest. "A-Alastor Moody, h-he's in there. Been i-in there all year."

Dumbledore nodded and gave her a tight-lipped smile as he opened the chest to see Moody lying on the ground. He looked up at Lorelei. "You did wonderful, Lorelei. It's all right, now." Was it?

What had she done so wonderfully? She jumped to save Harry. She would've done that again in a heartbeat, she thought. Lorelei was angry at herself for not being able to do more.

"Severus, please fetch me the strongest Truth Potion you possess, and then go down to the kitchens and bring up the house-elf called Winky. Minerva, kindly go down to Hagrid's house, where you will find a large black dog sitting in the pumpkin patch. Take the dog up to my office, tell him I will be with him shortly, then come back here."

The two left immediately with no questions asked.

Lorelei was able to aid Dumbledore wrap up the real Moody in a cloak with Harry's help once they were able to get him out of the chest. Dumbledore told them about the Polyjuice Potion Crouch had been taking all year right under their noses. As they waited for McGonagall and Snape, Lorelei watched in amazement as the body of Crouch transformed back into himself. Harry had wrapped an arm around Lorelei when he saw her begin to shake.

When Snape returned, he gave the truth serum to Crouch. McGonagall watched in horror with Harry and Lorelei in front of her and a hand on either shoulder as Crouch began to tell his story. Lorelei tuned out most of it as she was thinking about the killing curse over and over again. She could see the flash of green light that no doubt would have killed her. She saw Brizo being tortured by this man. Soon, her breathing became ragged. Crouch smirked at her in between his story, loving how she was becoming nervous.

"Better get Black out of here, Albus. She seems faint," he said with a manic grin.

"Get on with your story, Crouch," Snape hissed, but even his eyes glanced worriedly at Lorelei.

After he finished his story, Dumbledore gave orders to send for Cornelius Fudge. Lorelei asked if she could go to the Hospital Wing with Alastor Moody once Snape had been given the order. Dumbledore seemed to think twice about it. He wanted the pair to see Sirius, but she hadn't wanted to see Sirius at that moment. She just wanted to lie down before she fainted on the ground right before their eyes.

After agreeing, Snape helped the girl to Madam Pomfrey while holding Moody's body with a levitation charm. "I'm sure Mr. Weasley will make his way to find you when he realizes you are here," Snape drawled, trying to find something to make her feel better. No matter how much he despised the twins, they were loyal to Lorelei. He was glad she had someone like that. "Never listened to directions very well. Something you two have in common."

Lorelei smiled halfheartedly once they made it to the Hospital Wing. She felt everything hit her at once, her breaths quickening and her eyes closing. Madam Pomfrey saw the girl having a panic attack and Moody's body, and she went into her healer mode. Giving Lorelei a Calming Draught and then a Sleeping Draught, Lorelei's last thought was on George.

She wondered if he or Fred knew what had happened.