Something invisible

When he was five years old, Christopher Jackson was the kind of boy with a lot to say, but nobody to tell it to. This was because his family lived fairly far out in the country, there weren't any children nearby that he could play with, and his parents were busy most of the time. His mother was a painter, and his father was a writer, and so they were the type of parents that thought children should be allowed to run around outside and get fresh air, which meant he spent most of his time in the hills near his home.

But one perfectly ordinary summer's day, he walked into something impossible, something... invisible. To get to the place where the invisible thing was, hadn't been easy. He'd had to scramble underneath a whole wall of thorns, and climb through a small tunnel in them. This was a place he had never been to before, and so he was quite disappointed at first to see that there was nothing beyond the brambles, just an empty space. It was then that he stepped forward, and collided with the ship. He looked around, but there appeared to be nothing in front of him. So slowly,  he reached out and touched it.

He could feel cool metal, with slight dips and ridges marring the smooth texture. Walking around it with his hand still on the ship, he could feel how large it was. But that wasn't the only strange thing about it. The ship was warm, and humming slightly, almost as if it was alive.

Chris was a sensible boy, and so he decided that the only possible thing the ship could be was an alien spaceship. Although, that didn't disturb him too much. He'd always kind of thought that spaceships were probably real, he'd just never expected to actually find one.

He wanted to find more about the strange metal thing in the thorns, but he knew that he had to get home before too long. So with one final look at the still definitely not there spaceship, he scrambled out of the thorns, and back home.

When he told his parents about the big invisible spaceship he found near their house, they laughed and agreed that it was nice that their son had a big imagination. Despite all his best efforts, he was unable go convince them that he had really found an actual UFO.

The next day, he went back to where he had previously found the spacecraft, and was relieved to find that it was still there. After feeling all around it again, he found a small foothold, and was able to start to scramble up the craft. The footholds were much too far apart for him to place his feet in them, but the ship had taken a bashing on the way down, and there were plenty of dents and scratches and so it wasn't too difficult for him to get to the top.

He was standing on the structure, feeling like he could fly, seeing nothing below him when something gave way, and he fell straight into the ship. One minute he was stood straight up, and the next he was falling through a large hole that had suddenly opened in the craft.

Before, it hadn't been totally clear what the invisible object was. He'd had his suspicions, but there was no way to really be sure. But once he was inside it, it was obvious. As a big Doctor Who fan, he could immediately recognise a spaceship. All around him were switches and dials, giving off just enough light so that he could see his surroundings. Big monitors showed black screens, and the whole place throbbed with stored energy.

However, the most amazing thing was the table in the middle of the room, or rather, what was on the table. With wires trailing out from its jumpsuit, it was spread out and completely still, eyes shut. The thing looked mostly human, in fact it could have been mistaken for an ordinary teenage boy in shape alone; however its skin was a pale blue colour, and spilling off the table was a sheet of  long, beautiful silver hair that glinted slightly in the shadows. Its whole form glowed with an otherworldly beauty.

It was clearly from some distant world, and the small boy gazed at it in wonder.

"Hh...hello?" Nervously the boy whispered at the silent alien.

"H...hello?" He said again, slightly louder. The alien did not respond, however the boy did notice that when he had spoken, one of the machines had beeped. No matter how loudly he spoke, the alien did not move at all, so he cautiously stepped forward. Seeing no response, he took another step forward towards the alien.

Hesitating slightly, when he was close enough he reached out and touched the creature's face. It was warm. Although it never moved, the creature seemed to be alive. And judging by the beeps from the machine, it could feel and hear him. But to a lonely five year old boy, that didn't really mean anything. He had not discovered the greatest scientific wonder of the century, or a terrible monster that could tear the world to pieces. He had found a friend.

Chapter 1 is done! I wrote all of the first five chapters yesterday, and made the cover.

Vote! Comment! Tell me if you like it, or think it's terrible, either is fine!

IF YOU SEE ANY GRAMMAR/SPELLING MISTAKES PLEASE TELL ME!