He's perfect

After what seemed like hours, Chris dragged himself home, covered in mud and tears. As soon as he got in, he rushed up the stairs and switched the shower on.

"Stupid!" He growled at himself, smashing his fist against the shower door. This happened every time, he always ended up bruised and battered, never fighting back, never stopping it. He always let them win. He wished he could become stronger, strong enough to fight them off, strong enough to tell his parents and teachers what really happened, and not that he 'fell down the stairs.'

The one person that knew what was really going on, was Galaxy, but then again he told Galaxy pretty much everything. He only had one secret he kept from Galaxy, but he couldn't exactly tell him that. That he'd fallen in love with an alien in a coma. That he would give anything in the world, everything in the world, just to see Galaxy smile once.

There was no guarantee that Galaxy could even hear him, that the beeps meant anything at all. Maybe all of the time he might as well have been talking to a rotting potato. Maybe Galaxy would wake up and have no idea who he was, or maybe he would never wake up at all. But even if he did, there was almost no chance he would feel the same way.

That night at dinner he told his parents another made up story to stop them asking about his bruises. This time it was an accident in gym class. Then his mother brought up a slightly awkward topic of conversation.

"So Chris, have you seen any girls you like recently?" She giggled, in an annoying patronising voice.

His parents had asked that so many times last year that he had made up a girlfriend to get them off his back. Her name was Shelby, and he had made up what she looked like, and what her family was like. He had told his parents stories about the made up dates they had gone on together when they bugged him about it, and he had even made up a break up between them, when she had cheated on him with another guy and broke his heart. Chris was good at making things up.

"Honey, you need to get over Shelby. You're seventeen, there's plenty of nice, pretty girls out there that would love to have you." She smiled at him.

Yeah. He thought bitterly. There are plenty of people in the world. And he was relatively okay-looking, so he might even be able to find someone. But he just had to fall completely in love with the one person he could never have. Great.

After yelling to his mom that he was going out for a bit, he headed off towards the spacecraft. After years of going there every single day, he could have got there blindfolded. The thorns around the ship were still as sharp as ever, but that didn't really bother him any longer.

He easily got up the side of the ship, using the footholds that were exactly the right distance away from each other now. Dropping through the hole and into the space capsule, he looked around.

There were cushions and blankets from the times when he'd demanded to sleep there, or just snuck in after he'd had a nightmare when he was younger. He still occasionally came here at night, but less often.

There were lots of books, and audio tapes around, plus an old, battered radio that somehow still worked. Stale crumbs from when he'd brought food in there before were littered around, and there were old posters and photographs taped to every wall. He smiled, this place was like his childhood. But now he was thinking about the future, which worried him.

In just a year he would have to go off to college, and what would happen to Galaxy then? He couldn't go to one nearby, because none of those offered the courses he wanted to do. Galaxy would obviously survive by himself, but Chris was worried that he might get bored or lonely without him.

But then again, it was possible that Galaxy had no idea what was going on around him, and it wouldn't matter if he went away. It was unlikely that anybody would ever find him, and so he might be all right by himself. Maybe the real reason he was worried was because he didn't want to let go of Galaxy, he just wanted to be with him all the time.

The reality was, it was unlikely Galaxy would ever wake up, and improbable that he had any idea of what was going on around him. But Chris was just too in love with him to let him go. But how can I when he's perfect? Thought Chris, staring at the beautiful alien with it's eyes tightly shut.

Gradually, almost unconsciously he started to lean forward towards the alien. He had nearly done this so many times, wanted it for so long, and now he had no power to resist. So he just gave in, and kissed the alien's warm, perfect lips.

After a second he pulled away, and that was when he saw it. Instead of the usual impartial look on his face, Galaxy had a huge smile. And his silver eyes were wide open.

This is all I've written so far. I know, cliffhanger huh? I'll probably update soon, but first I need to finish the last chapter of my other story My heart belongs to a football player.

Tell me what you think so far in the comments section.

IF YOU SEE ANY GRAMMAR/SPELLING MISTAKES PLEASE TELL ME!