XXVII

"I need you to bring me a pair of jeans," I whisper in the phone, sitting on Harry's couch.

"Fuck, you are insane. I cannot believe you are actually fucking him. This has got to be a joke," Brenna laughs, my eyes rolling.

"Just come to his place and drop them off. I'm not walking home in the outfit I wore here," I say, looking around his living room. I've barely slept so I've been in the living room trying to take my mind off things.

Well, take my mind off of Harry.

"Fine, give me ten minutes," she says, hanging up the phone. I lay back down on the couch and close my eyes, thinking about last night. I'm in pain; literal pain because of how good I got fucked. My neck is sore and I'm reminded of what happened every time I walk.

When I hear the knock on the door, I walk over and unlock it. Brenna is smiling wide and then her eyes dart to my neck, eyes widening.

"Holy fuck, you got murdered," she nearly laughs, my lips pursing.

"Just give me the pants," I groan, taking the bag from her. She just wiggles her eyebrows and I close the door after thanking her, my head resting on the door when it's closed.

"Thought you were leavin'," I hear Harry, my body turning around to look at him. He's still only wearing his shorts and he runs his hand through his hair, walking into the kitchen.

"I had her bring me pants," I say, tossing the bag on the ground. He starts a pot of coffee and I take a seat at the kitchen table, Harry turning to look at me.

"Does your neck hurt?" he asks, his lips not in their usual smirk.

"Like fucking hell, if I'm being honest," I state, his head nodding. A smile creeps onto his lips and I rest my elbows on the table, setting my head in my hands.

"Are you okay?" he calls from the kitchen, the sound of the refrigerator opening. My head lifts and I see him stand up from behind the door, his eyes meeting mine.

"Just tired," I half-lie, his hand setting a mug of coffee in front of me. I ask him for an apple and he nods, tossing me one from the kitchen. He starts eating a banana.

"Are you sure you're alright?" he continues, and I put my hand up to stop him from talking.

"Harry, I can't have this conversation right now," I say, not wanting to discuss feelings.

"What fucking conversation? I'm just making sure you're okay," he explains, my hand running through my hair.

"I'm fine. Is that what you want to hear?" I sigh out, his body resting back against his chair. I can tell he's getting frustrated, but so am I. I don't know what the hell I'm feeling.

"You're not fine. I see right through that shit, Lina," Harry tells me, my body standing up. As I walk towards the kitchen to throw the apple away, he grabs my arm and pulls me into him. He hooks his arm around my waist and I look down at him.

"What's going on?" he asks again, taking a bite of his banana. My jaw clenches and I look away from him, not wanting to talk about this. I'm not admitting to my feelings and I'll be damned if I do it now.

"I'm fine. Honestly," I sigh, looking down at him. His eyes are locked on mine, mouth moving as he chews. His hand holds my hip and he tugs me closer, forcing my hand to set on his shoulder for stability.

"Lina, I've come to know how you act after things like this. Just let it happen, let it be, and move on with it. Don't sulk," he explains, setting his banana down. Harry turns his body so I can stand between his legs.

He has a point, considering he does spend a lot of time with me. I'm not surprised he's picking up on small amount of my shitty tendencies. My worst is running away from my problems. And majority of those problems are my fucking emotions.

"We don't have to bring it up. But you make it so damn difficult when you try to ignore the fact that anything happens. You treat me like shit every time something like last night happens. We kiss, you run away and sulk. We have sex, you run away and sulk. And now, you're sulking at the kitchen table because we had sex again. You make it a bigger deal than it fucking needs to be," Harry states, his hands holding my thighs. His thumbs brush my skin.

My head looks up, not wanting to look at him anymore. He's true; he knows exactly what I'm doing and he's not afraid to throw it back at me.

"Lina," he sighs, trying to get an answer out of me. I'm giving up; he's not going to stop.

"I don't have this. I never fucking do this. There's never kissing. There's never talking after sex. None of that shit!" I raise my voice, walking away from him. My hand runs through my hair and I hear him stand up, following me.

"Well, guess what, Lina? You fucking have it!" he yells at me, my body turning around. I slam my hands against his chest.

"I don't want it! I don't fucking want it!" I yell, his hands grabbing my wrists. I try to get him to release them, but my body is so tired that I can barely put up a fight.

"You're not going to get rid of me. You're my fucking soulmate, Lina!" he says, my eyes glaring into his.

"Like I give a flying fuck if you're my soulmate," I groan, his hands tightening around my wrists. His eyes are growing darker with rage.

"Lina, stop fighting with me and realize you have feelings for me," he says softly, looking into my eyes. My jaw clenches and I look at him as if he found out my biggest secret. At the moment, it probably is.

"Are you fucking joking right now?" I ask, his hands tugging me right back in after I try to break away.

"Do I look like I'm joking?" he tests, his jaw clenched and lips pursed. His shirtless torso allows me to see his muscles as he flexes his arms, restricting me from going anywhere.

And once again, I have no words.

"You realize that I can read you like a fucking book? It's so blatantly obvious and I'm sure I'm not the only one paying attention to it. It's shit if you think I'm not going to notice my own soulmate developing fucking feelings for me, right in front of my goddamn eyes," he states, his words firm. I feel so fucking small right now; he's ripping me apart. It's unintentional. All he's doing is stating the truth. I run from it; avoiding the truth about my feelings as much as I can.

He lets me go and I don't hesitate, walking to my bag and grabbing it. I walk into the bathroom, change into the jeans, and walk out.

"You can't run away from this, Lina," he states, and it's the last thing I hear before I'm out the door.