xvi.

CHAPTER SIXTEEN.

adrianna saint laurent
perspective

adrianna saint laurentperspective

--

I COULD FEEL all eyes on us as we walked down the street. Elijah was gaining the public's attention due to his devastatingly good looks and his clothes which probably costed more than the corner shops' worth.

But he wasn't the only reason we were getting the stares, my face contributed to it as well.

"I think they're staring at us cause I look like trash compared to your billionaire self." I lie, staring at our reflection on the shop's glass windows.

"You don't look like trash." Elijah frowns at me and I could see him opening his mouth to say something but he presses his lips together, shaking his head at me.

"Oh, you're just being nice to me," I mumble, clicking my tongue at him.

I grab a shopping trolley but Elijah forcefully takes it out of my grasp. I stare at him in confusion as he pushes the trolley.

He could've just asked for it.

He's probably the nicest mean person I've ever met.

We walk to the baking section and I look around, staring at the list on my phone.

"Plain flour, plain flour, plain flour," I mumble, looking up and down on the shelf in front of me. I finally find it and I stand on my tip-toes, reaching out my hand to grab it but Elijah beats me to it.

His chest is pressed against my back as he easily grabs the flour. Oh, the perks of being a giant.

I turn around to face him with puffed cheeks, glaring at him while he just smiles at me.

Elijah chuckles at me, "It's okay, my little firecracker," he teases and pats my head, a smile playing on his lips.

Wish he would always smile at that, he looked even better than normal.

"I'm not little," I grumbled, grabbing his hand and moving it away from my head.

From the corner of my eyes, I noticed cute sprinkles and I pull on Elijah's hand, making him stand next to me.

"Aren't they cute?" I grin as I grab a container of sprinkles.

"Yeah," I hear Elijah mumble and I look up to see him staring down at me. I blink in realisation as I look at my hand which was locked with Elijah's hand.

"Shit, sorry," I mumble as I leave his hand and walk further down the aisle, a fuzzy feeling growing in my stomach.

After finishing our bakery shopping, I walk towards the drinks section, grabbing bottles of chocolate milk. Elijah rolls his eyes at the number of bottles I was throwing in the trolley.