A Musical Reprise

Author's Note: I absolutely ADORE this sketch of Vandel and Ridley from @booberrys_art on Instagram

Author's Note: I absolutely ADORE this sketch of Vandel and Ridley from @booberrys_art on Instagram. Their facial expressions are so cannon here. I think Vandel's in particular really matches his emotional state at this point in the story haha. 

James

I had just blown out the candle by my bedside table and was about to climb into bed when I suddenly heard the commotion outside.

"Are you shuuuuure dis is the right house-" This was followed by a loud crash which I assumed was most likely someone falling over and completely eating shit.

I sighed heavily. It was only a Tuesday night. How were the drunks already roaming the streets this early in the week?

I moved to my window and lifted the edge of the curtain to take a quick peek outside to make sure the drunk wasn't too close to my humble abode. What I saw when I looked out into the night made my blood boil. The drunk had indeed eaten shit and fallen...directly into my rose garden!!!! I had spent months trying to get those stupid plants to grow. His companion ran to help him up and proceeded to trample over even more of my flowers in the process. Furious I rolled up my sleeves, preparing to confront these garden trampling ruffians. Yes, perhaps I had committed a fair number of crimes in my day, but there are some crimes that can NEVER be excused and destroying someone's rose garden is one of them. As I was about to yell at them when the drunk suddenly stumbled back up to his feet, his hood falling back to reveal his face.

My heart skipped a beat when I saw it...and not in a good way.

I knew him...I had seen him before, though I couldn't seem to place where. You didn't forget a face like that. This had to be one of the handsomest men I'd ever seen with piercing blue eyes and golden curls that made him look like he was the knight right out of a fairytale...wait...knight. That was the knight Stefan had paid me to follow to steal the...OH SHIT. Panic seized my gut. SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT. I was supremely FUCKED. How the hell had he found me? I needed to hide...or run...or SOMETHING.

"This was the address Skeever gave us," the voice of his companion rang out. "He's got to be in there, right?" There seemed to be a tinge of doubt in her voice.

Skeever that BASTARD. I was going to beat his giant fucking ass the next time I saw him. I swallowed hard—if there was a next time.

Maybe they'd think I wasn't here...or maybe that Skeever had tricked them. All I had to do was stay silent and maybe they'd go away.

"We can't just bust in the door," his companion said. "If 'you know who' is keeping an eye out for suspicious people snooping around where they shouldn't he'll know we're on to him."

"Wait..." the drunk knight slurred. "I think I have an idea."

"You're completely wasted. I think it's impossible for any idea from you right now to be a good idea."