From one ex to another

Chapter twelve: From one ex to another (Nick's POV)

She got all awkward after that and left and I've been sitting here thinking about it for ten minutes.

Shit.

I stood up, throwing the covers off of myself before freshening up. I glanced at the time and it was already time for breakfast so I just threw on a random shirt and went downstairs. In my pajamas. Much to my surprise, almost everyone was in their pajamas too. I guess it's that kinda day then.

I was in line for the buffet when a familiar voice caught my ears.

"Where were you last night? I knocked on your door like a hundred times, you never answered." It was Zoey.

"I was asleep." And that was Emma. Lying.

"I called you, texted, banged on your door," Zoey huffed.

"Okay, you didn't bang on the door," Emma scoffed.

"I knocked pretty hard. It was an emergency and you weren't there," Zo huffed.

"What emergency?" she asked in confusion.

I had slowed down to keep my ears in on their conversation.

"Something happened last night when I was out with Landon," Zoey sighed.

What has this little shit not told me?

"Hey, could you please move up?" Emma tapped my shoulder lightly.

Does she know it's me?

I moved up a little then slowed down again.

"He asked me out, Emma. And I completely freaked out," Zoey whisper-yelled.

"Did you freak out in your head or did he know you were freaking out?" Emma asked while grabbing a chocolate muffin.

She loves chocolate muffins.

"Of course, he doesn't know I freaked out!" Zoey groaned.

"What did you say to him? Yes, no, or you need time?" Emma questioned.

"I said yes," she replied.

"Then you're all good to go, right? When is he taking you out?" Emma asked.

"Tonight. To dinner."

I see that's a lot he didn't tell me.

"Go talk to him, he's right there, sorry," Emma said when she bumped into me. Zoey left and went to go talk to Landon while I stood there. "Okay, could you please move up?" she huffed, a little more agitated now. "Look, I really want the hash browns before they're out, please?" she clicked her tongue in frustration.

I turned around with amusement painted all over my face and she stumbled back.

"You," she huffed.

"Me," I grinned.

"Get out of my way, Nick," she rolled her eyes while walking past me, getting her hash browns and heading to her table.

I grabbed her wrist and pulled her back into the line, keeping her in front of me. "What do you want from me, Nick?" she sighed in defeat.

"Just the answer to my question that you never gave me," I shrugged.

"What question?" she asked in confusion, glancing at me.

"Do you like him?" I questioned while pointing at Liam.

"You never told me why you need to know. What decision are you trying to make?" she arched an eyebrow at me.