004 | the beginning of a brother-sister relationship

she's the kind of queen that knows her
crown isn't on her head but in her soul

"WAIT, SAYEKO-SAN!" The said female turned around upon hearing her name, watching as her fellow third year, Kōshi Sugawara, scrambled out of the gym

"WAIT, SAYEKO-SAN!" The said female turned around upon hearing her name, watching as her fellow third year, Kōshi Sugawara, scrambled out of the gym. She paused in her footsteps, standing a few feet away from the metallic sliding doors, watching him succumb to her intimidating frosty gaze.

"I, uh, w-we, uh—" Sugawara cut himself off to take a deep breath, hoping to calm his palpitating heart. "Will you please be our analyser?"

"Analyser?" she questioned and he noticed the way her eyebrows raised a centimeter or two, linked with surprise. Sugawara nodded, his eyes hardening with seriousness. Mizuki's eyes began to twinkle with amusement. They glazed over like iced lilacs, turning into a million shades of purple under the luminous artificial light attached to the outer gymnasium wall.

The lavenderette couldn't help the chuckle that escaped her lips. "I'll have to decline the offer, I'm afraid."

"Eh?" Sugawara looked taken back, his eyes widening. "How come?"

Her piercing gaze never strayed from the grey-haired male. Sugawara watched as she paused, wondering if it was due to the fact that she didn't wish to socialise or interact with others. He knew she preferred to be in her own presence, an attribute which intimidated others quite often. They found it hard to befriend or talk to her. Sugawara knew her to be a kind spirit though, regardless of the title with negative connotations attached to it — the title the student body had bestowed upon her. Ever since their first year, Mizuki welcomed all who needed help, albeit a bit emotionless. Nevertheless, she not once refused someone in need.

Well, until now, apparently.

"Too much work," Mizuki answered, raising her hand to wave goodbye when a voice interrupted her.

"JOIN US!"

Surprise washed over the two, and they both turned to see Daichi standing with his back straight, shoulders squared and a resolute yet desperate expression plastered onto his face. "Onegaishimasu!" He bowed deeply, his teammates and coach following, amplifying her shock. They were practically begging her to join, knowing that if she agreed, they'd win nationals without a doubt.

The corners of her plump lips creased with amusement, finding the predicament humorous. Mellifluous chuckles slipped past her lips, like the sound of twinkling bells. They sliced through the asphyxiating silence that flooded the gym, lifting the mood ever so slightly. The team all hesitantly rose, their eyes meeting with the Ice Queen's, finding the sound that escaped her lips so delicate, like the flow of the river, and that grin on her face, ever so magnificent, a rare display.

The rumours of her being cold and firm diminished from their minds, along with the fear that lingered. The person in front of them had a beautiful smile; her lilac eyes illuminating her amusement. They would never admit it, but the Karasuno boys never knew Mizuki could appear like that. Her eyes trailed over them, observing all their faces and noting how every one of them meant it, even the blonde first year who didn't seem to see the club as something more than just a club.