fifty eight

{d-day}

Pacing down the upstairs hallway, Hoseok feverishly worked at the buttons of his dress-shirt, carefully doing each one before throwing on his suit-jacket. He adjusted the cuffs, brushing himself down before a satisfied expression worked its way across his face. In all his glory he stood there in the cutting edge fashion of a great tailor, one who could take his slender form and make him a figure of power. 

Feeling a spark of confidence, Hoseok brushed one side of the suit jacket aside, slipping his hand into the pockets of his pants. With his head high and hair brushed away from his forehead he made his way down the hall, stopping in front of Daisy's door. 

Clearing his throat, he gave a knock, hearing a small, "Just a minute!" Before the sound of footsteps was heard, the door swinging wide open as Hoseok greeted the smiling girl. 

Hoseok's confidence faltered, the male flustering at the sight of Daisy all dressed up. He found his eyes shamelessly roaming her petite figure, the girl's emerald green dress hugging her in all the right places. It was long at the back, slightly draping on the floor but it grew shorter towards the front where it fell just above the knees. The girl's bright smile made it all the more ethereal, her green eyes squinting as she chuckled at Hoseok's starstruck expression, "You alright Seok?"

"Um..." Hoseok realised he had been staring for far too long because he shamefully slapped his hands in front of his face, hiding his flustered expression, "You look super pretty... that's all-"

Hoseok's sentence was cut short as he felt Daisy give him a playful, yet seductive slap against the chest. Slowly, Hoseok parted his finger's to see the girl as she gave a light chuckle, gesturing towards the spiral staircase, "Come on." She beamed, reaching up to remove Hoseok's hands from his face, locking her arm with his, "Lets meet the others."

Wordlessly, Hoseok let Daisy guide him down the spiral stairs, helping her a little as she struggled in her heels. He found a smile creep to his lips as he walked side by side with Daisy, watching as the springy curls of her hair bounced softly over her back. 

As they reached the living room, they were greeted by several pairs of eyes accompanied by a few knowing smirks. Leaning against the wall was Namjoon and Seokjin, the couple not bothering to dress up for a Banquet they didn't plan on attending. But they were here none the less, planning on working behind the scenes to assure all went well. 

Seated on the lounge was Jimin, Yoongi and Sofia. Whilst Jimin leaned into Yoongi's side, Sofia sat at a distance, flattening out her navy blue dress as she tried her best not to get it crinkled before the party. 

"Look who finally showed up." Jimin smirked, standing up from his position on the lounge as he strode his way over to the couple. His hands were slipped into the pockets of his suit-pants, the male dressed in a well tailored black suit. His usually tousled orange hair was parted down the middle revealing his raised brow as he turned his attention to Hoseok, "I thought you said you were gonna be wearing glasses?"

"I will be." Giving a tight-lipped smile, Hoseok dug into the pocket of his suit jacket, slipping out a pair of colour tinted glasses. He unfolded them, sliding them over the bridge of his nose and onto his face, "No way I'm entering that banquet without a bit of tech." He chuckled lowly, smugly tapping against the side of his glasses. 

It was only Hoseok who could see bits of data sweeping across his vision, face scanners and other techie things activated by a single touch against the top corner of his specks. 
It was a nifty trick, Hoseok creating these just for the purpose of the Banquet. Like a portable computer screen he could monitor almost everything whilst blending in without suspicion.